Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change the left rearset what size allen wrenches do I need to get? And do I need to get Metric size ones or SAEs?

In general do all nuts and bolts on 600RR are in metric sizes or mixed.

Thanks

·
Registered
595 Posts
I thought this was a joke.....you have to be kidding me, if your not sure what sockets to use on your 'metric' sportbike then don't attempt to do anything , stop what your doing and take it to someone.....

Maybe you had a brainfart, and im not trying to sound like a smartass but come on.....

·
Registered
595 Posts
lol @ robbie

my wife is right next to me and i asked her. she said: "is that a trick question" its metric.

you got an over the shoulder commentator too ? my girl loves this site, she does the same stuff.....and I quote " man that guy is a squid, look at those chicken strips... he must of had a harley before "....

:five:

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
you got an over the shoulder commentator too ? my girl loves this site, she does the same stuff.....and I quote " man that guy is a squid, look at those chicken strips... he must of had a harley before "....

:five:
hey i have chicken strips on my street tires...wtf....lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
But the old age question is how big are those chicken strips...?

you can have 5mm chicken strips or 25mm chicken strips... there is a big difference between the two :icon_lol:

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
for me it's proper form=less lean angle, so i end up with about a 1/4 inch on each side.....what does that translate to in metric(to stay on topic)???? lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
1/4"= 6~mm

Proper form is the way to go and every rider i know who uses proper form on the road (and doesn't ride like its the isle of man tt) has chicken strips

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
yea it's fun when we meet up with ppl we've never ridden b4 and they try to judge a rider by the rear tire....i usually smile and let everyone start b4 me just to pass them on the way up to wolfs den on HWY 33.....lol

·
Registered
595 Posts
My lean angle leaves me with tiny strips that everyone seems to notice, my reply....sorry I dont drag my knees in the potholes here.....

Mi roads are among the worst, I cant wait till I get on helmet cam and post a video of a little game I like to call " dont fold your rim in two " and swerve to avoid all the holes in our road from the salt....

Oh yea thats right we use salt here, right on the open wounds....I guess since we have salt mines here we should use that instead of sand that way we can repair our roads more than drive on them.....

·
Registered
470 Posts
I foung out recently that most cars built after 2001 and manufactured in other countries are metric. I had been working on my 2001 Dodge Ram and always had trouble getting certain sockets to fit. I found out when I went to the automotive skills center here on post that my engine was built here in America so it is Standard but the rest of the vehicle was built in Mexico so it is Metric. Sucks because you never know what bolt might be metric or standard.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
The correct answer is metric. However in some situation you can use SAE. Rear axle nut: 32mm or 1 1/4

1 - 20 of 22 Posts