Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Good riddance. Michelin makes a crap race tire and a crap street tire! Yeah, I said it! I run Bridgestones baby!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
WTF?? They are dominant for 10 years, now they've won a few lost a few more and they're thinking of calling it quits....Pussies. Whatever happened to "When the going gets tough, the tough get tougher". How about getting their crap together so they will get those contracts resigned, instead of talking about giving up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Michelin's just going thru a rough patch right now. Their CEO just died last year and this new guy Weber is just not up to par. They've been in the game for a decade and will not pull out so easily.

·
Registered
591 Posts
WTF?? They are dominant for 10 years, now they've won a few lost a few more and they're thinking of calling it quits....Pussies. Whatever happened to "When the going gets tough, the tough get tougher". How about getting their crap together so they will get those contracts resigned, instead of talking about giving up.
Not surprising that they'd surrender so easily, they're French. =P

N

·
0 Posts
Good riddance. Michelin makes a crap race tire and a crap street tire! Yeah, I said it! I run Bridgestones baby!

Hahaha...I'm not a fan or a hater of Michelin but I'll tell you one thing: After trying Bridgestones, I'll never go back to Michelins.

·
Registered
796 Posts
BS. They would be sore losers to do so. They recently pulled out of F1, like a bunch of crying babies. Seriously step up to the plate and prove you can be better than the rest. Ziss is not like zee french tu give up so eazzily.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Man that would suck to see them pull out after winning all these years. I guess they did it in F1 too though. There seems to be alot of michelin haters in here lol. I run the PR series on my track bike and I like them. Are the bridgestones that much better? Which ones are you guys running?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Thats what I'm sayin' . . . I've been rollin' 002's for 2 years now and have not been let down :eek:) . . . .

·
Registered
995 Posts
Man that would suck to see them pull out after winning all these years. I guess they did it in F1 too though. There seems to be alot of michelin haters in here lol. I run the PR series on my track bike and I like them. Are the bridgestones that much better? Which ones are you guys running?
Tires are about personal preference, however, they do run a little cheaper than the competitors!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
If they pull out it won't be because they are losing and are sore losers. If they pull out it will be because no one is running their tires and there is no reason for them to continue research.

Maybe bridgestone is the tire to have this season, but come on. To call michelin cheap because they have won less races this season is retarded.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If they pull out it won't be because they are losing and are sore losers. If they pull out it will be because no one is running their tires and there is no reason for them to continue research.

Maybe bridgestone is the tire to have this season, but come on. To call michelin cheap because they have won less races this season is retarded.

+1
I still run michelin's but thats just what works for me. i dont know why everyone is hating on them all quick because of their motogp season, imo they make the best street tires on the planet.

even tho i need to get my front 2ct traded in... o_O

K

·
0 Posts
BS. They would be sore losers to do so. They recently pulled out of F1, like a bunch of crying babies. Seriously step up to the plate and prove you can be better than the rest. Ziss is not like zee french tu give up so eazzily.
They pulled out of F1 for that SNAFUBAR in Indy during the 2005 USGP...

When it comes to Motorcycle tires, i'm a Pirelli man.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
they pulled out of F1 because there would not have been a competetion....now F1 has one tire supplier only. Till last year they were kicking BS ass everywhere.......in F1

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
It wasn't too long ago, Michelin was making the CRAPPIEST street tire in the business. The Pilot Power resurrected their line up. But the PPs still suffer from that which originally plagued the Michelin line up: poor front end feedback.

The only tire worth mentioning in the Michelin line-up was the Power Race, but that was a tire line that benefited from trickle-down GP tech.

Anyways, Michelin is a FRENCH company. Wouldn't be the first time the French backed down from a competition/battle. Sorry if I offended any French people in here. I'm an 1/8th French, so I can do that!

BRIDGESTONES baby!

Right now, the hot tire is the DC3, but just try the BT-002s and you'll never go back!

·
Registered
591 Posts
They pulled out of F1 for that SNAFUBAR in Indy during the 2005 USGP...

When it comes to Motorcycle tires, i'm a Pirelli man.
Michelin pulled out of F1 in protest of the forthcoming spec tire rule. They didn't want to have any part of it so they dropped out before it was due to come into effect.

K

·
0 Posts
Michelin pulled out of F1 in protest of the forthcoming spec tire rule. They didn't want to have any part of it so they dropped out before it was due to come into effect.
The FIA would have kicked them to the curb anyway...

·
Registered
735 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts