Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i went from Progressive to state farm... which I got a quote for 1016 a year(plus i put comp on in the winter) which makes it around 800 a year.
Well then i got the insurance being 16xx.00 which is extremely high!
What other insurance companies should i try?
So far iv tried Progressive and State farm.
BTW im 21 and have a 08 cbr600rr

·
Registered
82 Posts
My buddy from bay city is on Allstate, and he got a pretty good deal.
I just renewed for my second year with Progressive and paying a little over 500.
And were both 22 so it really depends on all the options you have.
Also just for reference, my friends has a Triumph and I have an 09.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
That's odd, State Farm had the lowest rates when I was shopping around. Progressive gave a stupid high insurance quote when I called them.

Like many things in life, insurance rates vary accordingly (age, driving history, location/zip code, credit history, etc). If you can insure other items (house, car, etc) as well, you should be able to get a better rate for having multiple items on your policy.

Keep calling around for quotes and ask your other riding buddies who they are using too.

G'luck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My insurance was less with progressive after switching from State Farm (you get a discount for switching, too!). Now I pay 120 a year for liability on a 2003 cbr, I can't really afford full coverage :<

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i changed from progressive to state farm. mines like right around 1k a year and i got that price when i was 18 (20 this thursday) and i have a 06

·
Registered
561 Posts
I got USAA....400 a year :D and Im 22

·
Registered
561 Posts
Nevermind I lied. Just looked at the statement.....298 every 6 months. So that's almost 600....so I guess its not much different then what you guys already said

1 - 10 of 10 Posts