Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 CBr600rr. I have both the brackets for left and right side mid fairings. However, what goes into the hole to secure the fairing? I can't seem to find bolt that will work. Is it something else?

·
Registered
495 Posts
If it's the one I'm thinking of it's a large Zeus type quick-release quarter turn bolt. It's a speciality item from Honda. The idea behind it is that you can pop out the plastic rivet and use a coin to remove the bolt and then access the toolbox on the roadside without removing the fairing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I found the bolt and figured it out. Seems I have the same bolt for both sides. Is there a tool box on both sides? Also if the fairing bolts to the cowl and belly, how would it give access to the tool box?

·
Registered
495 Posts
When you have it all together you'll see that there is a plastic push-pin on the top of the mid-fairing (if you have it). If you're on the roadside you're supposed to push it in with your finger and then remove it. Then you use a coin to remove the quick-release bolt. You then pry the fairing out a little and access the toolbox.

Pretty sure there's only one toolbox on the right side. Mine's an '06 and I haven't seen an earlier one up close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts