Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I honestly forget for how long I've been riding my blue '07 CBR600RR with this noise, but I'm really curious what the noise is. Anywhere from 4500-6000 rpms, I hear this metallic rattle coming the motor area. The weird part is, I can only hear it while it is in gear, 2nd or higher, and while riding the street. I've tried putting it up on the stands and running it through the gears, but I can't hear the rattle then. And I've had my dad and brother both ride the bike, and they can't hear it. To me, it's clear as day. But since I can't hear it while its on the stands, I hope it is isn't anything bad.

I've checked my compression when I changed my plugs a couple of months ago, and my compression was within specs. My old plugs looks good for having 20k+ miles on them, no signs of detonation. I also haven't noticed a loss of performance either.

I figure if it was the valves, I'd hear that throughout the whole rpm range, not just from 4500-6000 rpms.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
typically, a rattle from the motor in that rpm range is caused by the cam chain tensioner going bad, and is typically most audible on deceleration.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hear it while accelerating, decelerating, or when just cruising in that rpm range.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Different bike, D. That's my '08. The problem is on the '07.

Ahhhh, the memories!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts