Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I went to go test ride a 03 honda cbr600rr with 8,800 km for $6,8000 cdn. The owner rode on street and it has been to the track for the 10 min amateur runs. The engine sounded fine, was no valve or cam noise. There was a slight tap at begginig but i think it might be injectors as it died down afterwards... Is that high mileage for a bike thats been at track, is there any particular things i should look at when i go look at it again?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I can't do the conversion to Miles and American Dollars at the moment but it seems a little high on price. Ask for receipts on maintenance and what not to make sure it was properly taken care of.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats about 6,056.86 USD with 4 970 miles... The bike does look like its been maintaned, chain lubed,etc... It has been lowsided however.

·
Registered
363 Posts
the KM's are fine, actually id say they were low for an 03 . if you can talk him down to 5800- 6000 range you should grab it up

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any particular problems the cbr's have been known for? Ive been doing some searching and mainly seems like starting problems etc... I know r6 from 99-2002 had bad 2nd gear, what about this bike?

·
Registered
35 Posts
That seems a little high. I just picked up a 2005 600RR with 995 miles for $6k. It was mint. I think I got a good deal though. Keep looking.

·
Registered
35 Posts
that was american dollars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You us guys have to remember as well, the price new for these bikes are about 11,999 canadian plus 13% tax, which is about 10,800 US plus 13% tax. The price down there is much cheeper, as why it may sound high for a used one...that would be why.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont think ill be able to drop the price, bikes that same year with same mileage sell for 8,9,10000 cdn. Im gona check out the vin, and hopefully all goes welll.. Gonna go take a 2nd look at it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts