Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got court in sept for speeding, 95 in a 55 on my bike plus some other smaller tickets, but this isnt my first offense and the dmv just suspended my driver license for 90 days because of a prior offense of 55 in a 35. If I get another demerit point the dmv says it would be a years suspension and need to drive to get around and to go to school in the fall. Now Im wondering if I could do anything to avoid another demerit point and a years suspension? Im definitly getting a lawyer but thinking about selling my bike or doing some thing to make me look more responsible in court, but I dont want to sell it if wont help me because I put a lot money into her and cant see myself parting away from riding. So any advice that could help me avoid a demerit point or if thats even possible?

And if it does get suspended is it possible to apply for a new license in another state, heard its been done before but I dont know if its true.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm not too sure but I think they MAY allow you to take your car to work and school only if you request it. Anywhere else is a no-no.

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Here in MN you can get a work permit which alows you to get to and from work and/or school. But you can't drive on the weekends or after like 5PM to 6AM. Damn dude slow down!! Insurance is going to be the worst part of it all your going to possibly be consered risks insurance and that is EXPENSIVE good luck and by all means don't get anymore tickets!!!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Even though you are trying to find a solution after the fact
You got to smarten up man you got to much going on work ,
school, bills this is the time for you to get ahead in life not
go backwards i know its a tough lesson to swallow but look at
the situation from a + outlook u are still alive see what the lawyer
suggests , park the bike for a while or start doing track days if u have
the urge to ride fast , best of luck with evreything

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think dmv allows restricted license for 90 day suspension which will start in for me ending in oct, then I got court in sept with the possible 1 year suspension that doesnt allow restricted license. So yeah ill be @#$% if thats how it goes down. And BTW the two speeding tickets were both on roads with no cars or pedestrians just cops waiting to harass a rider :(

·
Registered
228 Posts
I got court in sept for speeding, 95 in a 55 on my bike plus some other smaller tickets, but this isnt my first offense and the dmv just suspended my driver license for 90 days because of a prior offense of 55 in a 35. If I get another demerit point the dmv says it would be a years suspension and need to drive to get around and to go to school in the fall. Now Im wondering if I could do anything to avoid another demerit point and a years suspension? Im definitly getting a lawyer but thinking about selling my bike or doing some thing to make me look more responsible in court, but I dont want to sell it if wont help me because I put a lot money into her and cant see myself parting away from riding. So any advice that could help me avoid a demerit point or if thats even possible?

And if it does get suspended is it possible to apply for a new license in another state, heard its been done before but I dont know if its true.

1. SLOW DOWN!

2. Get a lawyer.

3. Don't bother with a license in another State, because they're suspending your priveldge to drive in VA, no matter what State your license is from.

Good luck.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Move out of the stupid commonwealth of virginia. Seriously, that place and maryland are fucked up.
I'm in Maryland and its nothing compared to communist VA.

VARider, where in VA were you was it in Fairfax. Man, I sure hope not! Dem fools is no joke. I had a lady pull off the shoulder in front of me when I was about 50 feet from her, needless to say she got punted down the road... totally her fault for pulling into traffic but I got slapped with a following to close ticket. Hows that work, only in VA.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I live in FFX but got the tickets down by warrenton from the state popo's and they definitly dont play

K

·
0 Posts
Here's a suggestion:

Cool your jets, Turbo... I'll bet if you ride like everyone else drove, you'd be fine, except you have that little problem called an Aftermarket Exhaust system (i'm sure). That's becoming a big problem in this country, this insane desire to bring attention to one's self by either being obnoxiously loud, or obnoxious on the road. Wheelies, speeding, cutting traffic, burnouts on the road, loud pipes... the list goes on and on.

I'm guessing VA and MD have had enough, and honestly, i think i have too.

no sympathy. you know what you need to do, you're just too hard headed to commit.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
um no aftermarket exhaust for me, its too load rings my ears, like to stay under the radar ;). Just speeding cause there was no one on the four lane highway.

K

·
0 Posts
um no aftermarket exhaust for me, its too load rings my ears, like to stay under the radar ;). Just speeding cause there was no one on the four lane highway.
eitherway, i think you know what the problem is...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So would selling the bike help my case or have no effects? I dont want to sell it and then still get suspended that would really suck

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
So would selling the bike help my case or have no effects? I dont want to sell it and then still get suspended that would really suck
I do not think it would matter :icon_stud

1 - 20 of 41 Posts