Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at buddy's house the other day just shootin the breeze,and my other friend who I was with tells him to pull out his dirtbike to show me,because I've had quite a few and he wanted me to check it out.So he pulls it out,starts it up and peels down the driveway (he WAS wearing a helmet)..I was like "damn that thing is sex on wheels"..He comes back and insists that I try it out.(Keep in mind that I haven't ridden a dirtbike since I got my motorcycle licence when I turned 16 5 years ago)..I took it easy going down the driveway and when I got out in the open,I gave it a little shot and I was totally taken back to the ridiculous powerband I used to encounter everyday as a kid on all my old 2-stroke toys..I instantly fell in love with the bike,as the front wheel snapped into the air.I tokk it back to him and we looked over the bike while he told me it's got fully upgraded internals/clutch,full suspension,you name it,it has it...He then proceeds to tell me that if I wanted to buy it,he'd sell it to me for $2,000.00!!!!! CHEAP! So to shorten this already long novel,I might put my FZR back together,tune it quickly and sell it to buy this 99 Honda CR 125 Motocross bike..How does that sound?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL well I am still young (21)..I just think that selling an 89 FZR 400 trackbike that would get very limited use,to buy a 99 MX bike that I could use everyday in my own backyard is a good trade-off.lol...I really like working on my FZR,but the dirtbike would get tons of use,and it modded to the balls.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
you have your facts straight go for the dirt bike

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree.I can't go wrong on this deal.I'm trying to get my FZR's carbs done as fast as I can so I can put it all back together and try to sell it..With all the mods on the FZR,I shouldn't have a problem selling that one..Hopefully I can do this before he changes his mind.lol Thanks for the replies everyone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What year is the 125? Four bangers are killing the 125's in MX right now so the prices are incredibly low on used pingers...Kawasaki isn't even producing an '06 125. If it isn't brand new you could probably get it even cheaper :evil1: Dirtbikes are a blast have fun and good luck...

·
Registered
492 Posts
:01_thumbu go for it.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SiP Racing09 said:
What year is the 125? Four bangers are killing the 125's in MX right now so the prices are incredibly low on used pingers...Kawasaki isn't even producing an '06 125. If it isn't brand new you could probably get it even cheaper :evil1: Dirtbikes are a blast have fun and good luck...
It's a 1999 model.When I say it's already modded,I am talking everything you can really think of.Bored out and using stronger internals,suspension,heavy duty clutch..and the list goes on forever.It even has a graphics package that looks pretty cool.I know what you're sayin about the new 4's taking out the 2's in MotoX..The thing is,I've always been a 2stroke guy and even if the 4strokes are better in the coompetitions,I'd rather have a 2stroke anyday.I'm getting an insane deal on this bike,and hopefully I can make it happen.It'll really suck if I can't.

·
Registered
412 Posts
$2,000 for a '99 is not a good deal at all!!! for a 125, that is a scam...you can hardly give a 125 away anymore. I sold my 2002 cr125 a little over a year ago for $2,000 and it only had about 9 months on it (model leftover). You can find a much better deal on a much better bike, and not to mention the mods to the motor just make it more unreliable and possibly needs race fuel. and the suspension wont be nearly as good as any newer bikes stockers, its is set up for weight and ability and everyone is different. But hey what do i know, do what you want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts