Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up?!... ive got an '08 600RR...just under 2000 miles...had the break in done right... took it to honda for the tune...alright....today i was heading to town to get sum grub and pulled out on the highway... i was dickin around and pulled it up into a wheelie in 1st gear... unintentionally i reved it up kindof high i think... well while riding thru a parking lot (in gear) in town i noticed it seemed like the motor was making a lil extra noise... like a ....well just a racket sound lol...ive heard this noise on older motors...like a ticking almost...did i Screw somethin up?! i checked it when i got home at idle in -N-....sound seemed to be louder on the right side...i could be going nuts...just being paranoid...but it doesnt seem like i remember the extra sound before today...HELP A BROTHER OUT!

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
ya dun broken it mate....

lol j/k. its hard to tell just from ur description. could be something loose. have a knowledgable bike mechanic or shop look at it.

where exactly is the noise coming from?

·
BOTM 07/09
1,728 Posts
You said it's coming from the right side. Pull the clutch lever all the way in while in neutral and listen closely it should stop immediately.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I agree with Metallica. Every 600rr has a clutch pin that pulls the clutch open. This pin is on a bearing so the clutch can spin and the pin doesn't. When you let off the clutch lever completely, the pin will start to spin because there is no pressure on it from the clutch cable. As soon as you put a little pressure on the clutch lever, the sound will stop.

With 2K on the motor, run the piss out of it. It's ready.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes i went thru the break in period...had it maintenanced... sound seems to come from the right side louder than anywhere...but i do notice it while in gear riding at low speeds(just cause theres no wind noise)... makes no diff what position my clutch is in...i really think its me being paranoid haha...thanks a LOT for the fast responses

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.