Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm experiencing and odd situation. To give some background on this a few weeks ago I hit a pot hole in a construction area and I bent my rear rim, so it has been sitting since then and I just got my rear rim to throw on and I thought I was going to hit the road...

Pulled the rear off, switch rubber and all that good stuff, when I go to turn it over the batter is dead:banghead:...So I'm thinkin okay, big deal throw it on the trickle charger, let it go overnight and I should be good the next morning and I can jump on the road.

This morning I get up and the battery is now fully charged, I throw it back in and the MIL light comes on as well as FI indicator and Oil indicator...turn the kill switch to off and back to run the needle flips and fuel pump cycles, the MIL light goes off and the FI indicator disappears (good thing). But the oil indicator doesn't disappear and now I try and turn start it, but it won't turn over...I hold the throttle wide open and try and crank it over about 3 or 4 times and nothing happens and battery is nearly dead again - :help:

now that the battery is dead, I have gone through and checked most of the fuses and nothing seems to be blown...so yeah, I'm trying to wait for the battery to charge again, which is why I'm posting here to get some ideas before I go out there to try again...

I'm thinking maybe the oil pressure is low - so I'm going to get another filter and some Motul 5100 to change the oil out...any and all ideas are welcome

I need your BRAIN MOEMAN! :tard:

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
low oil pressure wouldnt cause the bike to not turn over.

sounds like the battery is bad and not holding a load but i am not an expert on charging systems

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Try and bump start it and see if you can get it fired up. After that go for a good ride and see if it will start itself with the button. T

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
low oil pressure wouldnt cause the bike to not turn over.

sounds like the battery is bad and not holding a load but i am not an expert on charging systems
Yeah I know that low oil pressure wouldn't cause the bike to not start...But I don't want that damn oil indicator staying on, LOL. It wasn't on before and I want that damn thing to turn off...

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Get the battery charged up first .Hold the throttle wide open it
will take a few trials so be patient and do not give up
Once you get it started hold the throttle for a few seconds
until the bike picks an idle on its own then let it run until the
fan kicks on temp of 221 F or so then shut it off

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try and bump start it and see if you can get it fired up. After that go for a good ride and see if it will start itself with the button. T
Yeah, I'm gonna try that next...I just want to get around that cuz I'm EFF'n lazy and trying to push start a bike on low tire pressure (stunt pressure) is a B!TCH

but I'm definitely going to try it once I give up being a tinkering fool and hopefully it starts, I just wanna git back on the road and I don't wanna pay to tow it to the shop to have them work on it...

K

·
0 Posts
the oil light will stay on until oil pressure is up. that means it'll be on if the engine is off and the ignition is on since there is no pressure. if the oil light remains on after you get the engine started, the connection to the Oil Pressure Sending Unit may have become loose during that massive jar that bent the sh*t out of your rim. i wouldn't be surprised.

at any rate, if the starter is turning the engine over and the fuel pump primes at "IGNITION ON" it's that the engine is for whatever reason flooded out and needs to dry out. use MoeMan's method to start it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the oil light will stay on until oil pressure is up. that means it'll be on if the engine is off and the ignition is on since there is no pressure. if the oil light remains on after you get the engine started, the connection to the Oil Pressure Sending Unit may have become loose during that massive jar that bent the sh*t out of your rim. i wouldn't be surprised.

at any rate, if the starter is turning the engine over and the fuel pump primes at "IGNITION ON" it's that the engine is for whatever reason flooded out and needs to dry out. use MoeMan's method to start it.
Yeah, I still have a few hours until the battery is up to par for trying to start...good to know the oil light stays on if ignition is on and bike isn't running, its funny how you don't notice sh*t until things start to go wrong and now that you mention it - I do remember the oil indicator going off once it gets running

one more thing, a while back I had a problem with the rectifier/voltage regulator - could that have anything to do with it? Maybe I should have mentioned that, but it didn't hit me til now...

Thanks for all the help, I'm going to have to try that Wide Open throttle start again and hopefully that works and/or the push start...

keepin my fingers crossed I HATE the shop, by the time I'm 30 I'm going to owe them my first born!

·
Registered
168 Posts
"ScrapeSumthin" - Did you ever find out what was wrong with your bike? I am having some strange gauge light problems also.

TIA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts