Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 03' 600RR with 2800 miles on it. I just bought it a few weeks ago and I've noticed that when I'm on the highway in either 5th or 6th gear, I can feel a slight vibration through the right clip-on. If I'm in any other gear....no vibration (well, nothing abnormal) . Is this normal...or should I have it looked out?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't seem to matter what speed, it feels the same in 5th or 6th. As the speed increases....the frequency of the vibration seems to stay the same. It seems like it's most noticable around 5-7000 rpms. If I'm hard on the gas, I can't seem to feel it. But I really notice it when I'm crusiing down the highway at a constant speed.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
It's pretty normal to get more vibration than usual between 5-7k. Sounds like that's what you're experiencing. It isn't your tires since it doesn't increase with speed. Did it never happen before or has it been that way since you got it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been that way since I got it. I can only fell it through the right clipon, not the left. Any reason why that would be??

Thanks for all the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts