Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to switch to the Bstone BT002rs tires, the race/street ones that cyclesector has for $239 shipped.

I'm just curious what the mileage is like with these, because it's either this set or I can get a set of Pirelli DC3s for $235 right now. I'd rather have the Bridgestones I just don't want to be stuck riding to work on a tire that will only last 1000 miles.

I ride mountains on weekends, commute on weekdays, and I am somewhat hard on my tires, coming from Pilot Power 2cts, they went up in price and I won't be going back to Michelin.

·
#2 Office Monkey!!
757 Posts
If you are a commuter and you hit the canyons on the weekends then I would recommend going with the Bridgestone BT-016's They are a tripple compound tire and you will get more commuting miles out of them but they still offer great feedback and grip... and they are the same price as the 002's

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are a commuter and you hit the canyons on the weekends then I would recommend going with the Bridgestone BT-016's They are a tripple compound tire and you will get more commuting miles out of them but they still offer great feedback and grip... and they are the same price as the 002's
I've narrowed it down to either the BT016s or the DC3s, I've been waiting for someone to post up in the comparison thread.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Let's see...

3 track days and about 3000 miles, 002's are still holding up. Will be running another TD this Monday, but not on the same front tire.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've had the same question and it seems like the bridgestone BT-016's are goign to be your best bet. I think that the review I read said that while you don't just "drop" into a turn like you do with the pilot powers, it def. makes it feels smooth and confidence inspiring on track or aggressive street riding.

My bike has some Continentals in the front and and a Shinko in the rear (came with bike....bought used). I plan letting those burn themselves out and then using the BT-016's.

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
I have the 016 on my bike now.. 1500 miles and counting and they look like new.

I was running the 002's, after 1200+ strait line miles I was starting to get some squaring on the rear, Not major.. Would have stuck with them but I am commuting only right now.. The life on the 002's is as good as the PP's or DCIII's.. the life on the 016 is even better.

Scott

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm amazed at the wealth of information being posted here!
If you dod not ride at all on the track the DC3s, BT002 & PP2CTs are a waste. You will not get the mileage out of them you want. A good supersport tire is more than adequate for street riding. Hell, if only rode on the street I would probably sport-touring tires (like a BT-021, Pirelli Stradas, Mich Roads, or the like), maybe a sport front tire w/ a sport-touring rear.

The DC3s & BT002s, although technically speaking are "street tires," they have way more emphasis on the track side. Hell, DC3s are the spec race tire for European Superstock.

If you are running today's supersport tires (like Pilot Powers or BT014, or Diablo Rossos, etc) and you think they aren't "sticky" enough, then you are doing something wrong. It's the rider, not the tire(s).

If you are truly outriding supersport tires on the street, then you ned to get yourself to the track ASAP.

K

·
0 Posts
^ If that's not an over generalized statement, i don't know what is.

to be quite honest, if you're looking for a milage tire with weekend grip, you're looking at Sport touring tires. air down for the weekends so you heat the tire up more for better grip (let's face it, no matter how hard you think you're riding, you're not riding hard at all) and go back up for your work week. your tires will last a long time, and you'll be satisfied with the grip in the mountains.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i know that. i just went to mid ohio in the wet i felt like i was ice skating.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have the 016 on my bike now.. 1500 miles and counting and they look like new.

I was running the 002's, after 1200+ strait line miles I was starting to get some squaring on the rear, Not major.. Would have stuck with them but I am commuting only right now.. The life on the 002's is as good as the PP's or DCIII's.. the life on the 016 is even better.

Scott
What do you think about 002 front with 016 rear? I've got 002 f/r on mine now but I am riding the bike way more then I anticipated (no car at the moment) and the rear is getting a bit squared.

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
What do you think about 002 front with 016 rear? I've got 002 f/r on mine now but I am riding the bike way more then I anticipated (no car at the moment) and the rear is getting a bit squared.
Its never recommended for aggressive riding but it can be done. If you are commuting I don't see a problem... It does help being that they are both B-Stones & close to the same profile...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts