Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys-

Bit of a newb question here, but I'm in need of some expert advice. I'm looking at an 05 RR with 5100 miles on it. The price seems right, but I want to be cautious with this one. I was wondering about the mileage. Obviously 5000 miles on a bike is different than 5000 miles on a car. What's right? Is 5000 considered high for a bike? Any/all input would be awesome. Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
475 Posts
well you want to also look are there any look or mechanical faults. But if both are looking good then i would say that is a good deal becuz over here in Minnesota a dealer ship there was an 05 with about 5k miles for about 7k. i got my 04 with 3k miles for 6k.

·
Registered
928 Posts
5000 miles isn't a lot. It shows mild to moderate usage. I would ask for a record of when and where it was serviced. I ride occassionally to work and about twice a month on a weekend ride and I have about 5,000 miles on an '05 myself.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy wants 6500 for it. But I don't think I'll have any trouble getting it for 6000. Maybe even less. I just need to check it out to make sure everything's in line. I just wanted to check out the mileage. Keep the input coming.

05-600-Double-R said:
i have 14k on my 2005...5000 is nothing. how much is the asking price?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
5,000 miles on a Honda is nothing.

I have just a little under 44,000 on my 03.The only thing I've ever had a problem with is the transmission and that just happened.

·
Registered
924 Posts
alaska cajun said:
5,000 miles on a Honda is nothing.

I have just a little under 44,000 on my 03.The only thing I've ever had a problem with is the transmission and that just happened.
Damn 44k on an 03' - that is a lot of seat time.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have an '05 and have about 6500 miles.

I ride it pretty often and mostly all year. I haven't had any problems with it at all. 5,000 is nothing.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
05'600RR said:
Damn 44k on an 03' - that is a lot of seat time.
I like to ride and i only get 6 to 7 months a year.

My 02 VTX has 10,000 and some change

03 R6 has a little over 8,000

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
5-8k miles a year here is considered a lot. It those lucky guys who get to ride the whole year that put like 10-15k miles on their bikes a year.

·
Registered
830 Posts
to add to this, it's not always good to have a low mileage bike.. bikes need to be ran .. if you find a low mileage bike.. say 3k over 3 years, fluids were sitting around without running.. it's not exactly great for the bike either.. you want a bike where the owner rode it and not just have it sitting.

·
Registered
885 Posts
i got my 03 with 430 miles on it for 5700, now it just sits waiting for "The Man" to tell me what they are gonna do with it

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
in my humble opinion, i don't even think the bike ridden moderately on the street is broken in fully at 5000 miles. I didn't think my RR was fully broken in until I saw about 5800miles. From that point on, I really felt the bike running smoother with more power.

K

·
0 Posts
What else is on the bike? Front and rear gearing? PCIII? how do the tires look? How old are they?

A completly stock bike gets ~42MPG, but that really has everything to do with the way you ride. I've seen on here 20-30MPG for some of those who have taller gears, and others who have said they've gotten over 50!

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
i have 12000 on my 05, put about 4000 on it the first month and a half i had it. i have had it since april of 05 so about a year and a half. would have more if i wasn't so tired in the morning (tired = me taking car). but then i regret it once i am awake and see how nice it is outside.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Don't worry about miles if it has been well taken care of. My 04 has almost 20k on it....I ride it just about every day since it is my only vehicle....and it looks just and runs just like new.....if you take care of everything it will last forever.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I have over 13K on my 05 with no problems yet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts