Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
wow I only have around 800 and and got mine a couple weeks after you.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have almost 4900 on mine now. Picked it up in February with 0.7 miles. Not worried about resale, hoping to buy another bike next year keeping this one as well.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
That's about right for someone who just got a new bike. Ride the piss out of while you can before the OR weather goes to hell.... which gives you about 2 more days.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I used to be cautious of miles back when i got my first bike but i found it takes away from the joy of riding. Now i don't care, i ride until my hearts content. If you're concerned about resale, just be sure to take extra care of your bike, wash and wax it regularly to keep the paint up and keep all your records. It will show that you take extra care of your bike when you sell it which to most people is just as important as mileage.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
It's been my experience that miles on a motorcycle don't mean near as much in terms of resale the way they do on a car. A bike is generally worth a ball park figure for the year and then comes down in value partly due to miles but more likely due to condition especially with a private party sale.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Bought my 05 on July 1st and have almost 800 miles on it...its my first sportbike so I plan to ride the hell out of it and not really worry about mileage.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I thought I was terrible with 3200 since May 02, 2005 but geez some of you have almost 4,000! :beer: Heck yeah!! I got some catchin up to do! Toe, you said it best when you said it don't matter cause she aint for sale! I commute 32.5 miles one way ever day the sun is shinning and there's 40% chance of rain or less.:hump: It's great to get up and know you have a great mixture of twisties and straight aways heading to work DAY IN AND DAY OUT! :biggrin: .

This is off topic but I just saw this.:blow: :sign10: .

·
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher
2,160 Posts
my daily mileage to and from work is about 40miles. That is not including the lil cruising i do when i get home. Its great going to work and sometimes taking the street to have a little twisty fun:hump:. I have had my bike for almost two years and i only have about 3,600 miles on it. It has been parked for a while:sad3:I am making up for all that time it has been parked.

kinda off topic... but check out these benefits of a motorcycle.
car about $1200/year for GAS
bike about $400/year for GAS

Being that i work for UCSD Hospital. I have to pay for parking.
Car $900/year
Bike FREEEEEEE! and you get to park right in front of the emergency room

Drive the $hit out of your bike. you would be paying for more gas in a car anyways.... you driving a bike you will have a little more money to spend on GAS:beer:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts