Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure that this is in the right forum.

Does anybody work on a military installation (Navy, Army, etc)?

If so where did you put your base stickers at? Pictures would be great.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind, I did another search and came up with ideas that I couldn't find earlier. Altough more pics would be nice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
if you know anyone in your fabrication shop they can make you a bracket to bolt near the center of the front wheel. Thats where I had mine at till a majority of AF bases stopped issuing decals.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
if you know anyone in your fabrication shop they can make you a bracket to bolt near the center of the front wheel. Thats where I had mine at till a majority of AF bases stopped issuing decals.
be careful with this,
as an AF cop I do know for sure that this is not a legal way to mount the sticker.

a lot of people do it and get by with it but a cop on the gate that actually knows his stuff will not let you on.

the sticker must be permanently attached to the vehicle in a manner that destroys the sticker were it to be removed

but he is right the AF has stopped issuing out stickers since its 100% ID check at the gate anyway

·
Registered
17 Posts
be careful with this,
a lot of people do it and get by with it but a cop on the gate that actually knows his stuff will not let you on.
It dosen't matter how much the SF troop knows but how big of a jerk they feel like being and if they know the meaning of discretion. If you are SF then you know the people I am speaking of.

I never said it was proper. If he was concerned about proper placement he would had asked the friendly people at his local pass and id office.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
ha this is the reason i dont ride into my base...there is no way on God green earth will i put my base decal on my windscreen (this is where they tell us to put it)

·
Registered
869 Posts
I am AD based in Arizona, I do not have the Post Decal on my bike. I leave it in the back. As long as I have my Military ID I am good to go.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
It dosen't matter how much the SF troop knows but how big of a jerk they feel like being and if they know the meaning of discretion. If you are SF then you know the people I am speaking of.

I never said it was proper. If he was concerned about proper placement he would had asked the friendly people at his local pass and id office.

oh believe me i do,

i work with SF that believe that every single rule and regulation must be followed to the letter and its their duty to correct it. i had a buddy that almost crashed his truck trying to get stopped so he could go "breif" this poor guy who was walking and talking on is cell phone. i am more of an officer discretion kinda person.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ha this is the reason i dont ride into my base...there is no way on God green earth will i put my base decal on my windscreen (this is where they tell us to put it)
I think all bases have different rules, our base made us place them on our left front fork. But I agree, I would never place one on my windscreen either.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
^^I tried that with the stupid vests they make us wear. Didn't get to far...
are you talking about that orange Icon sleeveless vest. that thing is hideous. all my cruiser buddies wear it and a long sleeve T shirt and criticize me for wearing a reflective belt and a leather jacket saying i am the one who isnt safe enough. as they put on their cotton orange vest and brain bucket

1 - 20 of 25 Posts