Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my wife just learned where going to have a baby. The great news is since were in a remote location we get charged. But if we were on a military base they would pay for everything. So i ask why?the insurance tells us this is part of the presidents plan to help pay for people with no health care.Since were not near a base we pay. Which hurts us but helps everyone else.its great this is how you pay back a vet and active duty member.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
I am sorry man what a bunch of horse ****

·
Registered
8,880 Posts
So me and my wife just learned where going to have a baby. The great news is since were in a remote location we get charged. But if we were on a military base they would pay for everything. So i ask why?the insurance tells us this is part of the presidents plan to help pay for people with no health care.Since were not near a base we pay. Which hurts us but helps everyone else.its great this is how you pay back a vet and active duty member.

if ur an active duty member... why wouldnt you be near a base... are u a recruiter.???

·
Registered
3 Posts
even so...Tricare Prime still foots the bill on or off base, many bases or posts don't have child birth facilities, so the nearest hospital is still covered...so this doesn't sound quite right to me.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
to OP, gratz on the kid, good luck on finding out what can be done about paying it.

You mean you don't enjoy picking up the tab for people who don't have their own health insurance? Jeez!

bit off topic, but not every one has good insurance ... hell, i have bluecross blue shield through my employeer, my ER deductable is still $1000 dollars....

theres no way i can afford that on what i make

and they allready take ~100 dollars a month out of my check for insurance.

sadley, this is how my insurance has allways been, i do welcome federally run stuff some of the time :/

·
Registered
40 Posts
near a base or not...active duty members' families will not come out of pocket for their health care needs...especially child birth...are you still active duty?

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
Contact your Tri Care provider

·
Registered
335 Posts
There are circumstances were you will have to pay a percentage (10%) or something, but I don't know of the exact rules. Def contact tricare and get a clearer explanation. I don't think they have implemented anything in the healthcare realm, especially against the military. Where's your remote accompanied assignment?

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
Dude if you need help I have a lot of friends stationed in Virginia and Maryland. I'll help out as much as I can if you need it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My wife is the active duty member and yes we have called are tri care personal in the area. Straight from her mouth this is all due to the new health care program but like i said if we were on a base then everything would be paid for but were at a remote location the closest base to us is dayton air force base. she runs vet services for the commisary in pittsburgh pa. so far this is all we had to pay $300 for the ultrasound by the way a BOY except my precriptions which are $5 to $22 dollars for the good stuff like ambien cr.Its just a pain in the ass it really is.How much more is come..... But listen to all you that support vets and active military thank you

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
by the way theres always the saying i live by

SUCK IT UP AND DRIVE ON LIKE A SOLDIER HOOAH

:gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One more thing I speak for myself since this is my wifes commander in chief......

·
Registered
8,880 Posts
im not too familiar with child birth services... but when i was active duty i was in a car accident in socal in which i broke both my legs... 3 surgeries later and about 1 years worth of phyiscal therapy and countless NON military DR's appts. i didnt have to pay a dime. i stayed on convalescent leave for 11 months in california when my duty station was Fort Bragg NC.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont man its just frustrating ass hell. Im trying to find a job from makeing 70,000 a year to nothing to one income it hurts.Just cant find a job and if they do like me they always ask how long you going to be here i tell them then you dont hear back just sucks

·
Registered
8,880 Posts
by the way theres always the saying i live by

SUCK IT UP AND DRIVE ON LIKE A SOLDIER HOOAH

:gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1:
yeah thats all good but if you suck it up long enough it does nothing for you when you get out and have no documentation on your injuries. im not saying to milk it for all its worth... but if you have a legit injury it would benefit YOU if you reported it and put it on paper. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its not me man its my wife military insurance.Shes the active member now. But your right when i was in the service they paid for everything.

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
Your wife is AD she shouldn't have to pay a dime. Sounds to me like your tri care person has no clue whats going on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts