Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
should be on the left side of the bike so they can be seen by the guards at the gate. thats my understanding. ive seen people put it on the ram air covers and on the front cowl or on the windshield.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Here at Nellis they discontinued the stickers about two years ago, and a few other AFB's I.D is all you need, roll up in any vehicle you want.

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
I have a 07 and I made a plate out of 1/8" alum. I left a little extra and mounted it to a tab on the left side of the frame. There is a tab just above the shift shaft that works perfectly. That way it doesn't mess up anything and is not too hard to remove. It is mounted with a bolt and a lock nut so it requires two tools just to remove it. I will post a pic so you can see, I wouldn't want to mount a base sticker to my bike anywhere it would leave a mark when removed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
guy i ride with has it on the left front fork up by the triple tree. Its nice cause it doesnt stick out, but he says they dont give him a problem.

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
heres a pic of mine. its kinda hard to see. i put mine on the upper part of my left fork. under the left handle bar and above the upper fairing.

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Here is mine, it gets covered a little by the tip of the mid fairing. They can see enough of it and I have never had them say anything about it. The second shot is from an angle of what looks like if they were standing next to you and looking down. I don't have the mid fairing on right now, but you can see the bracket for where it goes and the mid extends about 1" from that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Graffitti is right...the AF doesn't use them anymore. But when they did, I always either had them on a little plate or I'd stick them to a wide magnet and just slap 'em on the tank or fork tube.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Here at Nellis they discontinued the stickers about two years ago, and a few other AFB's I.D is all you need, roll up in any vehicle you want.

At Beale also. I think most AFB's are getting away from them. Its really pointless if you are going to check every driver for a Military ID anyway. It only made since in the old days when they would just wave you on if you had the sticker. I do know that Elmendorf still uses them and I believe Travis does also.

·
Registered
633 Posts
i had a buddy buy a magnetic plate so he can put his post stickers on top of that. He didnt want any stickers on his bike.

·
Registered
132 Posts
idk bout the other installations but at Camp Lejeune base order is that is has to be on the left fork...but again thats base order....as long as the gate guard can see it most of them will let you through..unless theyre being di*ks

if you dont want stickers just get a temp pass and keep renewing it

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes Air Force Bases no longer require the DD Form 2220. However the other services still require the stickers. They must be permanently affixed to the vehicle by either sticking it on the vehicle or attaching it to a metal plate (that can't be removed i.e. no magnetic plate).
When I had a sticker on my bike I used a metal plate and bolted it onto the left side of the fork where the factory reflector was.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It's not pointless to have a decal, I know plenty of dirtbags that don't have registration or insurance. Getting a decal checks for their papers.

Thats true, I didn't think of it from that perspective. I guess I'd love to believe that we wouldn't have such dirtbags but we both know we (military) have plenty of losers as well.:puke:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts