Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a bro joining the national guard and maybe he can buy me a bike if i hand him the cash.

Is this legit? About how much is discounted? Would love a brand new cbr 1k 2012 +

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
good question, i used my bro to buy something online, to actaully buy a bike not sure? id prob say you could if i had to guess. First thing you need to do is contact the dealer and find out what the saving is?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good question, i used my bro to buy something online, to actaully buy a bike not sure? id prob say you could if i had to guess. First thing you need to do is contact the dealer and find out what the saving is?
he said he called one dealer and they knock off 1k off the price, but i'm not sure if that's pre-bargain or not. or if its 1k off OTD price or MSRP.

not sure if the place varies as well.

·
Registered
991 Posts
You may run into problems when the dealer wants to register the bike in your friends name because he bought the bike. And come on, military discounts are for those who serve their country. Of all the systems to cheat, leave that one alone.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Got a bro joining the national guard and maybe he can buy me a bike if i hand him the cash.

Is this legit? About how much is discounted? Would love a brand new cbr 1k 2012 +
I don't see why it wouldn't be legit. it's a legit transaction. then your bro can just transfer the title.

the dealer I bought my Phoenix from was military friendly. along with the promo offers that Honda had going on, they also discounted the price so I walked out the door with a price less than MSRP. i think the discount, if any, really depends on the dealer though.

[I'm mobile!!!]

·
Registered
339 Posts
You may run into problems when the dealer wants to register the bike in your friends name because he bought the bike. And come on, military discounts are for those who serve their country. Of all the systems to cheat, leave that one alone.
+1 agreed.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Have your friend buy the bike out right, then just have him gift it to you do you don't have to pay any taxes on te title when you switch it to your name... I did this with my car my dad bought it and when I went off to college he just gifted it to me for insurance purposes and I didn't pay any taxes to have the title transfered

·
Registered
754 Posts
Have your friend buy the bike out right, then just have him gift it to you do you don't have to pay any taxes on te title when you switch it to your name... I did this with my car my dad bought it and when I went off to college he just gifted it to me for insurance purposes and I didn't pay any taxes to have the title transfered
That's family I am guessing his "bro" is not his brother. As said before the discount is in place as a "thank you" for serving our country. You did not, but found a loop hole. You should be either ashamed of yourself or join on up ya puss.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Most military discounts are not really military discounts, they're relabeled discounts to provide incentive for real military types. Some military discounts, especially those related to travel, are awesome. Service members get a special rates on airfare, hotel, etc...

However, you are not in the military, and if your boy wants to do you a solid, then great. But how about you just join and get your own preferential treatment rather then using the discounts of those that EARNED it.

Many of the discounts come from the owners of businesses either trying to say "thank you" or trying to drum up some publicity. Either way, those discounts are for those that actually served.

Go deploy to a hostile area where you've got cats trying to kill you as you hand out food and water to their kids, and then get your discounts legit...

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
You trying to ruin it for the rest of us who are actually in the military?

Sent from GRida's moms house.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Working various sales jobs in the past, I loved those guys who came in all strung out covered in DIY tattoos and smelling of marijuana + alcohol asking for a military discount (Oh and they always forget their military ID)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sounds dishonorable to me. A company provides discounts to those who serve their country. Willing to put their life on the line and spend months away from family and friends for the service to their country. To use the discount a business is willing to offer a service member just so you can save a few bucks without the service to your country seems pretty damn selfish. I know people who serve and never ask for a discount anywhere. I'll admit that I ask from time to time but I have 2 deployments to separate countries and 5 years of honorable service. I never asked anywhere till I had the first deployment complete. Didn't feel like I had actually served my country in anyway until then.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Well this didn't go the way you pictured, huh OP?

Gotta agree with the service members that posted here.

Leave it be and pay a normal price or join up.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Well this didn't go the way you pictured, huh OP?

Gotta agree with the service members that posted here.

Leave it be and pay a normal price or join up.
Or just work on your negotiating skills? The dealer is not going to lose money due to a military (or any other) discount. Say you talk them down to 5% over invoice, they are not going to also give you a large military discount.

Point is, you're not in the military. But it doesn't mean you can get a similar price, you may just have to work a little harder, or go to multiple dealers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts