Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I stop by the dealer today which is like 10 blocks from my work to take another look, sit on the 600rr, and gaze at it. Kind of a final look before I've made my mind up completely to get it over the 1000. Sweet bike. I tell my sales guy (who knows me well) that I think I'm going to go with the 600. He says that I got smart instead of going big. He is actually buying the 600RR this year, he gets a new bike every year of course. I ask him what kind of discount price he's going to give me, and its a great deal. Of course the blue one I was looking at had already sold. Turns out the 2 blue ones he has on order aren't due till 4/9. The next shipment after that is mid May. He asked me if I wanted him to put me down for one of the ones in April and I went for it. I've spoken for one of the 2 april 9th bikes. 3 weeks. Now I just have to tell the wife !!

8499, plus $58 fee, plus 6% sales tax
9066 OTD.

·
Registered
795 Posts
So I stop by the dealer today which is like 10 blocks from my work to take another look, sit on the 600rr, and gaze at it. Kind of a final look before I've made my mind up completely to get it over the 1000. Sweet bike. I tell my sales guy (who knows me well) that I think I'm going to go with the 600. He says that I got smart instead of going big. He is actually buying the 600RR this year, he gets a new bike every year of course. I ask him what kind of discount price he's going to give me, and its a great deal. Of course the blue one I was looking at had already sold. Turns out the 2 blue ones he has on order aren't due till 4/9. The next shipment after that is mid May. He asked me if I wanted him to put me down for one of the ones in April and I went for it. I've spoken for one of the 2 april 9th bikes. 3 weeks. Now I just have to tell the wife !!

8499, plus $58 fee, plus 6% sales tax
9066 OTD.
**** thats a great price. u picked the best color too!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
yea man, good price! I paid quite a bit more but I didn't want to wait... Trackday coming up :)

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
....you have very big balls. (coming from a married man)
Yeah. Well I'm not exactly going in blind. I've been talking about buying a new bike (translation - telling her) for like 6 months now. I've just to get over the hump and let her know that "I would like to pick it up on 4/9" and get through that.. She's not to happy about it, but I spoil her and she gets everything she wants anyway. Ahh.. the politics of marriage. Joy.

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes !!!!!!!
My wife is cool. I told her and she said "well I'd rather you go ahead and get it now and have time to get used to it before your trip to Deals Gap in May"
It's all waiting and praying for 4/9 to get here now...

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see you've made your choice....good choice IMHO as you know.

Are you keeping the VFR as well...they do make a good combo
Whats up dude !
Yeah. Of course I am keeping the VFR. I think it will be a great choice. I know as soon as I get rid of the chicken strips I'll be grinning from ear to ear. I would expect that on the 600 it will probably only take me about 4 miles to get rid of them. 3.8 miles to warm the tires up, and 2 tenths of a mile to scrub them in.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
**** thats a great price. u picked the best color too!
It's actually a known fact that black bikes cut through the air faster.

This is simply due to the increased heat resistance and flux capacitation of the reverse inverse upside down ratio of the sun on the paint.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Whats up dude !
Yeah. Of course I am keeping the VFR. I think it will be a great choice. I know as soon as I get rid of the chicken strips I'll be grinning from ear to ear. I would expect that on the 600 it will probably only take me about 4 miles to get rid of them. 3.8 miles to warm the tires up, and 2 tenths of a mile to scrub them in.
Very cool. I'll probably be selling my '04 RR in the near future and getting the new one.

I'll be interested in hearing how you like it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts