Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So a quick summary of the latest maintenance: shimmed all sixteen valves, smog plates, new crankcase hose, new vacuum lines, new tank vent hoses, new throttle body insulators, new coolant, cleaned throttle body.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I don't come on here much anymore, but here is a little update: I replaced the sagging right side rear set with a new OEM bracket & a salvaged peg. The left pillion peg I replaced with a good salvaged unit.

Replaced the fork springs with RaceTech. That was a good upgrade. I sent the shock absorber to MRP for a rebuild & K-Tech internals. Also a good upgrade.

New EBC HH pads up front.

Wore out a set of Continental Sport Attack 2 pretty quick, now I am running Battlax S21.

Also I replaced the final drive with a 520 steel kit, stock gearing.

51,000 miles now, running real good still.

Next fork service (I usually do at 6000 mile intervals) I will replace bushings, maybe even some RaceTech valving.

I have just under $4,000USD in it, including purchase price, repairs, and upgrades. Normal maintenance items not included.

Reckon that's about it, hope everyone is doing well.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I got the heaviest ones they had "extra heavy". They seemed to take a lot of the buzzing out of the bars, not all of it, but more than the stock ends. As I remember I had trouble on 30 minute trips without them, then I was doing two hour trips with less issue.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts