Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't know what section to ask this in, might as well be here. At 5400rpm in 6th gear, my mirrors vibrate just enough to make identifying cars pretty much impossible (I can still see shapes, colors). Above 5600rpm and below 5000rpm it's pretty much fine, and happens to a lesser degree in lower gears. Just curious if this is par for the course, since my '05 doesn't do this.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
just make sure the bolts are tightened down and make sure the stuff under ur wind screen is tightened down also, such as ur fairing stay..

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've wondered the same thing before. My 08 vibrates to a degree as well. I can still make out cars, but couldn't tell if it were a cop behind me or not for ex.

·
Registered
151 Posts
my 08 is real bad at this... Get moving any type of speed and I can make out that there is a car but forget about seeing what it is...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Didn't know what section to ask this in, might as well be here. At 5400rpm in 6th gear, my mirrors vibrate just enough to make identifying cars pretty much impossible (I can still see shapes, colors). Above 5600rpm and below 5000rpm it's pretty much fine, and happens to a lesser degree in lower gears. Just curious if this is par for the course, since my '05 doesn't do this.
Well consider yourself lucky, lol. My '08 mirrors buzz badly basically between 4500 and 7000 rpm, which is roughly 45-70 mph in 6th (-1 on front). In other words 99% of the speeds I'm driving in traffic, on the way to work, etc.

If you have only a 600rpm zone, that's great IMO.

Now as far as FEEL, I can feel the buzz a little, but not too bad, but the mirrors they are useless at those RPM's.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Weird. Maybe the 2005 model has a lot more dampening because of the much larger fairings. Kind of sucks, I really use my mirrors a lot, especially for cop spotting. Maybe I can find some thin rubber washers to sandwich between the stem and the bolt (unless there's already one there?)

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
Guys easy solution 2 rubber grommets between the base and the upper
will damper some of the vibration try it i know it works

1 - 11 of 11 Posts