Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a helmet shield where you can see out, but not in. Like the ones that come in silver... gold. I was wondering how good these are as far as visibility. Is it just like a clear visor, you just cant see your face. I think they look really cool, but dont want to waste my money on something unsafe. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont wear sunglasses. So no. Please explain.

·
Registered
107 Posts
They work great. Haven't had a problem with it since i carry the clear in the backpack if I'm going to be riding into cloudy weather or later into the night.

·
Registered
160 Posts
No problem with mine at all. I have a clear, smoke, and mirrored. The mirrored is just like the smoke looking out. Really nice! My favorite.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool Guys thanks for the super fast responces. I think I will get a silver one for my HJC. Should look pretty sweet.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
raneRR... what HJC helmet do you have.. I have a HJC and i have a mirrored shield on it. Looks awesome and it isnt too dark at all.. I just carry the clear shield with me if im gonna be out until dark.. Here in New York State it is illegal to wear the tinted at night.. but it is also a safety factor.. The mirror looks awesome.. they dont cost too much either.. they are definetelly worth getting.. let me know what model you got. if you want i can take a pic of my helmet with the shield and post the pic for you..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cbrkid11... Thanks, I have the CL-14 with the Switch graphics in silver. Even if you dont have the same helmet still post a pic. I would like to see it anyway. Thankyou

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the silver mirrored visor on my KBC VR1 euro and it works well. It seems to me as if the mirror has more visibility than the dark smoke. The only problem is that the coating, at least on the KBC is on the outside so it scratches really easily.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a AGV helmet with an Iridium blue visor. Its brilliant for bright light, cuts out all the glare and makes it much easier to see things clearly. You can't see in at all, looks kind of freaky when you see yourself in the mirror! The only problem is that its totally useless at night and late afternoon when the sun begins setting. I've had to ride home with my visor open on 1 or 2 occasions.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My new wraith has a chrome screen, and my old shoei had a gold one, and they were great looking out, just like smoke but clearer imho. Night riding as always, is a bit darker. :)

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
visor

raneRR... i guess today is your lucky day.. i got the CL-14 helmet, mine is the red/silver/black graphics.. and i have the mirror shield on it.. Im at school (college) right now, but when i get home ill take a pic of the helmet for you and post it.. Look for it around 1pm or so.. im not sure on how to post pics on this site.. but if i cant figure it out ill just post a link for you where you can see the pic...

thing looks sweet!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the arai mirrored shields? I have heard that arai subsidizes mirrored shields to other companies and they sell it with the arai name. Are they good quality?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That does look pretty sweet. Im going to buy one here soon. Thanks for the pics, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have a gold mirrored on my HJC. No problems, it's just like looking through a tinted visor. Just take good care of it. When they get scratched, they are more noticeable.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Aight Kats, if you don't care for keeping teh tinted visor on all teh time (at night) and want the opeion of being able to switch out shields quickly and no thave to carry an extra shield then here you go http://www.polar-optics.com . These are really sweet, I think, and they look like the stuff they use on the track. I thought that I would lend my findings for shield alternatives.

Di Roc

1 - 20 of 21 Posts