Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this will be my first forum post, so bear with me. I have an 03 cbr600rr with 47k. I am not the first owner, but feel it's been decently maintained under my ownership. I'm an auto and diesel tech and have been for about 9 years, so I understand the basics, but this bike stuffz is foreign to me. About 3 weeks ago, I was riding across an intersection that had gotten rutted up by semi traffic. My drive wheel broke traction, and ever after, I've had a misfire and no power in the throttle. Started by completely removing the PC3 and returning to stock config, no change. Replaced all spark plugs, no change. In fact, in addition to the misfire, now I have an erratic idle. When doing the spark plugs, did a compression test, and got 122 all across the board. I know that's low for Honda spec, but was pleased to see the cylinders close to each other. I replaced the CCT less than 100 miles ago, and used an OEM replacement from the dealer. Oil change done with the spark plugs, fuel is 91 octane and filled less than a week ago. Any thoughts on where to look from here? I've heard injectors seldom fail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts