Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in the interest of preserving my bike's value and keeping its mileage low, I recently learned I'll be doing all expense paid vacation number three on behalf of Uncle Sugar and friends. That makes...let me see...yes, yes...I think I might be the winner for lowest mileage on an '07RR. I might have put a few on my former wee Ninja instead...but, that's not really cheating.

Looking on the bright side: the tax exemption alone will (if the wife doesn't mind) finance a custom suit, rear sets, auto-mapping Bazzaz, 520 conversion, and perhaps some fancy Ohlins bits and pieces...who knows.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'd rather not have a bike at that point.
:+1: :retard:

the point of owning a bike is to put miles on it!!! it does me no good to sit in my garage. if i wanted to "preserve value" i can think of a much better ways to invest or places to put money than a motorcycle! WOW!

do you walk around carrying your helmet as well so people ask you if you ride a motorcycle and you think it makes you look cool?

RIDE IT OR GTFO :gun1:

·
Registered
248 Posts

the point of owning a bike is to put miles on it!!! it does me no good to sit in my garage. if i wanted to "preserve value" i can think of a much better ways to invest or places to put money than a motorcycle! WOW!

do you walk around carrying your helmet as well so people ask you if you ride a motorcycle and you think it makes you look cool?

Dude, you missed the point. He's in the military and being deployed.

Safe return DLJ2.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts

This man must be have an inability to sense sarcasm......

By the way, where ya headed OP? The ole Afghan I presume.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts

I really hope you feel like a pos when you realize why he cant ride. He is being shipped over seas and you have to come in here and post this bull sh!t. You need to gtfo.

you bought it to ride it right?
I'll never understand this concept either.
Ok guys since some of you are missing the point, he is being deployed by Uncle Sam. So saying "you bought it to ride, or ride or gtfo" is fvcked up. The man cant ride his bike because he is serving his country and you have to come in here and be ass holes to him. Maybe you are the ones who need to gtfo, or at least learn how to read. If you cant support our troops maybe you should do us a favor and go stand in front of them.

Op, be safe over there man.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Looking on the bright side: the tax exemption alone will (if the wife doesn't mind) finance a custom suit, rear sets, auto-mapping Bazzaz, 520 conversion, and perhaps some fancy Ohlins bits and pieces...who knows.
Heck yeah! The mods will also help preserve that value! AND next time you go on vacation, you can leave the bike at home halfway built,so then you can console yourself thinking "Well, I couldn't ride it anyway. It's all torn apart!"

I like the way you think!

Good luck in the desert bro.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the concern and well wishes. I'll do my best to make it back to the RR in one piece.

I'd like to apologize for causing undue offense due to my insufficient use of emoticons or mad internet skillz. =)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Lol, no worries. On the other forum I frequent (rx7club) we sometimes use the color cyan to denote sarcasm just so you can't f*cking miss it! lol

Have fun out here, how long are you coming for?

With any luck my relief will be leaving the states in just under 3 weeks! I'm looking forward to that first beer since Christmas! =P

1 - 20 of 20 Posts