Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was messing around wth my bike today and had the seat off and noticed a loose bolt, then the exact bolt on the other side was missing all together!! These look like important bolts to me, Here is a picture of these bolts. It is under the seat right above the small section of the rear cowl. You can see the gas tank cover above and the battery in the top left corner for reference. Looks like it goes thorugh the frame to a black metal support of somekind. Has anyone else had these loosen up on them? I am going to Honda tomorrow to order the missing one, then use some locktite. There is a chance the guy that owned this before me forgot to tighten them. I have now gone over the entire bike and found no other loose or missing bolts, so thought I would see if anyone else has seen these bolts back out on there own?

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
your handling it exactly right, however i think honda will over charge you for them... and im talking about a lot,
now you have two options,
www.ronayers.com
has a microfiche section and you can get it from them, or if your dealership is like mine, you can print out the price that ronayers is giving you and they will match it, and that way you wont have to pay for shipping from them.

but those bolts seem pretty important.

hope this helped

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Looks like the rear pivot mount for the gas tank. Never heard of a case of these backing out; but you should at least have 1 side mounted. I still have to order one of those bolts as i stripped it out when trying to install it crooked. So ya...i'd say its semi important

·
Registered
28 Posts
yea those are the rear tank bolts....and they are too long for them to just come out...whoever had it apart forgot to put it back on. im sure they could loosen but they would still be there.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
for small bolts and stuff your dealer will be cheaper than ron ayers. RA charges a minumum $7 shipping fee. that will cost you half of that at the dealer just for the bolt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does have a PCIII, K&N, Jardoine slip on, fender elim, and short stalk blinkers on it. That's what I was wondering.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
yea i would assume he forgot to put it back on or something, but im sure there would be no danger in riding with a missing gas tank bolt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts