Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm watching the DVR of the AMA races ( Sunday version )

My question is for all the analysts.

If Mladin and Spies were to be riding on the CBRs and trade with Zemke and Duhamal would they be as dominant or does the bike really have that much to do with it?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I wonder how the Yoshi team would stack up against the Corona team ? ? ? . .that would be fun to compare. . . .

·
Registered
647 Posts
cyclescientific said:
I'd like to see the AMA suzuki vs. the WSB Ten Kate CBR - that could be interesting
Pretty sure Ten Kate would walk away with this one.

·
Registered
507 Posts
thats not true, the superbike team in ama is factory, honda only pulled the factory team from FX but erion is "factory supported" by honda still.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Miguel on a Suzuki would be walking the dog in every race. Zemke would get the odd win here and there as well. I think that Spies and Zemke are very close in talent level with a slight nod to Spies at this point. Miguel is a much better rider than Mladin... yes, I said it ... MUCH better. Miguel has the X factor, similar to Rossi... call it the "refuse to lose" gene. If you watched him ride the wheels off the CBR at RA this weekend, he clearly isn't happy with third. Sadly the CBR's geometry completely shreds tires at race pace... if you notice, they can hang for the first 5 laps or so. Take away the geometry problems and the Suzuki is still a better bike, just not by such a wide margin.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Those Suzukis are just way too fast. In this situation, its the bike, not the riders (to an extent).

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yoshi (not Mladin or Spies) OWNS AMA. how can 1 bike be so dominant? without 1 hayden-related slip up, the Gixxer 1000 would have every AMA Superbike title since it started production, and some more with Mladin on the 750.

Alastare Corona vs. Yoshi Suzuki would be something to see. If Vermuelen were still in WSBK, my $$$ would be on him to win the championship. I just don't think the new CBR is that far behind the K5.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
The Hondas would be alot better if they didn't switch to Honda of North America instead of HRC. They will be back in it once they get some time under thier wings. It's been two years now, but it's still no time compared to Yoshi and HRC.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Problably a dumb question but why do you hear all the crackling and poping out of Miladin, Spies, and Yates' superbikes. But you don't hear it on Yates' superstock? hmmm..

traction control??

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I think you guys underestimate Spies. He's beating Mladin on essentially the same bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts