Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I tried searching, but have found no threads. I am looking into Motorcycle mechanics institute and was wondering if anyone has any good info on the school. I am in the US Navy right now but I am thinking on going there when I am done. Also can I get opinions on locations from people who have attended Orlando and Phoenix? I am thinking of going to the one in Orlando, but would like to know about Phoenix. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
they are good schools, there are only 2 mmi's in the states. phoenix is a good city, better then las vegas. lol. it does get hot as hell there. florida always rains. i think the school is kinda pricey for one year.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well being in the Navy and getting out I'll have alot of my benfits including the GI bill

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
well that sounds like a plan. working on bikes is alot of fun, nothing i would go to school for. i only like to work on and modify my own shyt. might help a buddy here and there but i like wrenching mainly for a hobby. never a profession. have you checked out the website? they have all kinds of different programs, ducati, honda, etc. all you have to do is pick what city you want to reside in. my wife says that florida is really trashy. i was born in pheonix, and the part of town mmi is on is a nicer part of az. theres alot to do in phoenix too.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well that sounds like a plan. working on bikes is alot of fun, nothing i would go to school for. i only like to work on and modify my own shyt. might help a buddy here and there but i like wrenching mainly for a hobby. never a profession. have you checked out the website? they have all kinds of different programs, ducati, honda, etc. all you have to do is pick what city you want to reside in. my wife says that florida is really trashy. i was born in pheonix, and the part of town mmi is on is a nicer part of az. theres alot to do in phoenix too.
Cool man thanks. I have checked out their website just wondering about the citys.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
they only offer it in orlando or phoenix i was gna go to phoenix but not for the 24,000 just for school then u got rent food and everythin else on top of that its rediculous....
i still wana go but not at that price

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
they only offer it in orlando or phoenix i was gna go to phoenix but not for the 24,000 just for school then u got rent food and everythin else on top of that its rediculous....
i still wana go but not at that price
yeah that price is really high. actually, when i was thinking about going, was 7 years ago and it was around 17k...

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
yeah that price is really high. actually, when i was thinking about going, was 7 years ago and it was around 17k...

last year i was thinkin about it and it was 18K but i had to sign up before a certain date to get that rate then they had their tuition went up to 24k this year its still tempting but its only for 1yr and itll cost me that to move down there and to live for the year and i would have no free time to play it was go to school then to work and then home to sleep then do it all over again....

as much good stuff i heard from the school i cant justify the cost.... but to each their own

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I don't meant to discourage you but...
My friend went to UTI or whatever the auto mechanics school in phoenix is called. It cost him a ton of money and after he graduated he started working at a dealership. He still had to work his way up once he started working and after a few years he began to hate/resent doing the one thing he loved...working on cars.
He ended up bouncing from dealership to dealership for a while and eventually left the field and now owns a Subway franchise.
I know the auto industry is a bit different but the dealerships really work you hard and the pay is not fantastic. If you really love working on bikes then go for it. I just wanted to let you know that it may not be as good as your expecting it to be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts