Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was recently looking to attenting mmi in florida...does anybody have any experiance with this school? perks or drags? just want the truth of how people felt during and after they left the school...thanks guys

·
Registered
120 Posts
i know a few guys whove went and made nothing of it afterwards, i dont believe the job placement is all its cracked up to be and its expensive as hell.

·
Registered
584 Posts
All these schools are what you make of them. There is a lot of material that is covered in a relatively short amount of time. You will need to live and breathe that course for as long as you are there and then some. So be prepared to work/study your ass off otherwise you are just wasting your time and money.
just my rusty 2 penies. gl bro.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The program is expensive and as somebody else stated, the job placemnt is a joke. My best friend went through it, couple of years back.

One thing that you need to understand...even with your factory training, at best you'll be starting out as a "builder", the guy that puts bikes toghether out of the crate. That's a $20K a year gig.

Decent money at a motorcycle dealership is obtainable, but you're talking about at least 5 years of experience before you can make what I'd consider decent money. $35K.

This 50K-60K a year crap they feed these young guys is a straight lie. You'll be making that kind of money when you've got a honest 10+ years of experience, and you're truly exceptional at your job.

I just got out of the industry after about 4 years. I had grown to hate it. I was a service writer, then stepped up to a service manager. One of the most stressful jobs out there, I think. Dealing with the general public sucks in the first place. It'e even worse when you're dealing with people's "pride and joy" and people assume right off the bat that you're trying to con them. I started to despise other motorcyclists.

It's a tough way to make a living, there is no loyalty in this business and job security is a joke as well.

Consider yourself warned.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The program is expensive and as somebody else stated, the job placemnt is a joke. My best friend went through it, couple of years back.

One thing that you need to understand...even with your factory training, at best you'll be starting out as a "builder", the guy that puts bikes toghether out of the crate. That's a $20K a year gig.

Decent money at a motorcycle dealership is obtainable, but you're talking about at least 5 years of experience before you can make what I'd consider decent money. $35K.

This 50K-60K a year crap they feed these young guys is a straight lie. You'll be making that kind of money when you've got a honest 10+ years of experience, and you're truly exceptional at your job.

I just got out of the industry after about 4 years. I had grown to hate it. I was a service writer, then stepped up to a service manager. One of the most stressful jobs out there, I think. Dealing with the general public sucks in the first place. It'e even worse when you're dealing with people's "pride and joy" and people assume right off the bat that you're trying to con them. I started to despise other motorcyclists.

It's a tough way to make a living, there is no loyalty in this business and job security is a joke as well.

Consider yourself warned.
+1
and u dont need any training to be a builder. most guys i know that work at the dealerships as assemblers or "techs" barely have a highschool education. its not that hard.

·
Registered
172 Posts
+1
and u dont need any training to be a builder. most guys i know that work at the dealerships as assemblers or "techs" barely have a highschool education. its not that hard.
On that note, if you think you're really serious about wanting to do this go work for a motorcycle shop for a while. Best to try to get on with a service department as a builder or maybe a lot lizard or a general gofer. Anything to give you a idea of what it's really like.

Do it for about 6 months {full time!!!}, and you'll start to get a glimpse of what it's like to do this as a everyday grind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts