Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HONDAholic
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sorry if somebody else posted this question before, but in september im signed up to start classes at Orlando's Motorcycle Mechanics Institute, and i just wanted to know if anyone knows, the time of classes Ex( 9am-2pm), the reason im asking is because i work for comcast, and if i can transfer down there maybe i could somehow keep that job, and go to school, if not, i don't know how im going to eat, i heard theres no jobs down there, and if there is its mcdonalds and you make 3dollars an hour!!

Thanks in advance

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
I'm not too sure about the Orlando one...you should come out to Phoenix...word on the street (instructors and such) that Phoenix's campus is 10x better, and more motorcycle oriented. I think I heard somewhere that out in Orlando they get into a lot more marine-life type vehicles (because you're in Orlando...).

Not sure about the Orlando schedule, but out here in Phoenix, we run a morning session that goes from 7:30am to 12:30pm, an afternoon class that runs from 1pm to 6pm, and the night class (my class) that runs from 6:30pm to 11:30pm.

You start off with 6 weeks of class room called "theory". After that you go into (assuming you're taking any of the jap bikes...) 9 clinics, one after the other, which run 3 weeks long each. After you finish clinic 9 you go into your elective (honda, yamaha, suzuki, kawisaki) which each run 12 weeks long. Each elective offers something special that the other electives don't.

In Suzuki you get knee deep into suspension, Kawisaki gets more into high performance, Honda gets into everything they make (lawn mowers, weed wackers, generators, etc.) and Yamaha gets deeper into electrical.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Pay attention to Honda's electrical teachings, they're the best and easiest method I've used. The most used tool in Yamaha electrical troubleshooting is a "yamaclip", ie; paper clip unbent to jump two connections, or at least that was the case right before they revamped to 12 weeks. Hopefully, they have changed that. Just my $.02 that weren't asked for... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did they move MMI from Daytona to Orlando recently? Used to be out around the track area beachside... in which case, yes, the jobs in that area suck balls. If it is in Orlando now, then the job scene isn't too bad... although the vast majority of jobs are tourist/service oriented (Disney and Universal and all). Orlando, unlike Daytona, *is* a big city though... you should be able to find pretty much any job around here somewhere.

Also, Orlando is a Brighthouse area. I'm sure you'd have a better idea, but I don't think comast has a real presence around here (but I could always be wrong on that, all I know is everyone's cable around here comes through BrightHouse).

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
How do we find out exactly how much we have? I either have $36,000 or $46,000. Of course I alreadt started using it since a year and a half ago.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
i'm not sure exactly - you'll probably have to find a contact email addy or phone number or website or something... lemme do a little homework and i'll get back to ya.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
C'mon down! We've got lost of room, and would love to have ya. It's a great school, both of the instructors I've had so far are awesome, and most of the night instructors I've met are cool as hell, super laid back. I'm having a blast

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Tiny, i found this site: www.gibill.va.gov there is a ton of information here, although i didn't look specifically for the "balance" that one might have...

I've definitely been thinkin about it, Meddie! sounds like the school is willing to work around the students' schedules... i like that.

·
Registered
284 Posts
AMI is the one in Daytona

Call MMI. They will tell you everything you want to know about housing, GI bill and finding a part time job.

I have done a lot of research on the school. Sounds to me like Pheonix is the way to go

1 - 15 of 15 Posts