Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any one esle uses mobile for their oil I use it last year no issue nothing ran smooth I haven't sseen anyone offer to use this full ssyn oil so I'm wondering if I should switch to repsol or cont with mobil 1

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
Try the t6 by retolla I think that's how u spell it. It's in a blue bottle for $23 a gal

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
Yet another oil question. Have you tried using the search function be for posting?

Oil is a personal preference. Ask 5 diff ppl, you'll get 5 diff answers. Personally I use repsol full syn w/ oem filter.

That's three diff types right there. Mobil, rotella, and repsol.

Try researching before posting.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
17,681 Posts
Yet another oil question. Have you tried using the search function be for posting?

Oil is a personal preference. Ask 5 diff ppl, you'll get 5 diff answers. Personally I use repsol full syn w/ oem filter.

That's three diff types right there. Mobil, rotella, and repsol.

Try researching before posting.

Boom drop the hammer

·
17,681 Posts
We should start giving these guys who don't search false info.

Best thing you can use is extra virgin olive oil. Have to change it every 1000 miles but it's way cheaper and will repair seals

U use that? I use liquid nos for more hp

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Try the t6 by retolla I think that's how u spell it. It's in a blue bottle for $23 a gal
THIS! Put it in my bike on sunday. Buy the gallon and u will have about 1/2 left... which means u will only need a quart for your next change + filter.... Thats about an 28 dollar oil change filters included ...

·
Registered
361 Posts
The best deal will and has always been the 3 pack of Mazola Corn Oil. Only $7.99! Not even Honda GN4 is that cheap. Plus it's cholesterol free! Think how good your engine will feel.

EDIT: Ok, to really answer your question...I've used the Mobil 1 full sync ($10/qt at Pep Boys). It's OK, doesn't last as long as Motul Double Ester ($16-17/qt) or Repsol ($18/qt i think). Honestly, Honda GN4 ($7/qt which is the regular non-synthetic stuff from Honda) seemed to last longer and shifting was smoother than Mobil 1 syn. Sooo...there's my 2 cents.

Let me tell you this....for someone (talking about myself here) who blew an engine at only 5800 miles (not too sure why, but had to spend $2000 for a new engine + labor), spending a little more on oil just to have peace of mind totally makes sense.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
FTMFW

·
4,993 Posts

·
4,993 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
THIS! Put it in my bike on sunday. Buy the gallon and u will have about 1/2 left... which means u will only need a quart for your next change + filter.... Thats about an 28 dollar oil change filters included ...
WUT :drunk:. There is 4 quarts in a gallon. The bike takes 3.1 quarts. Which leaves you with slightly less than a quart left. :retard:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its simple if you don't like what people ask don't give an opinion. If your tired of reading yet another oil question try another forum

1 - 20 of 45 Posts