Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a two brothers slip on and am waiting for my mid pipe cat delete pipe from mjs performance to essentially make it a full system. So I wanted more flow and was going to go with the bmc street filter. Until I found out that some people modify their oem filters. I plan on having my bike for a long time and wouldn't want to get a better flowing filter if it will overtime cause some damage to the bike. What do you do to modify the stock filter and what does it essentially do? I can't find much on it

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Just leave it stock. The OEM filter is sufficient enough for air flow. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
This.

I don't think the BMC is worth it, most people aren't gonna notice a difference between that and stock.
You will notice the extra dirt in the air box though. ;-)

·
Registered
68 Posts
i took the screen mesh out of my oem filter and lost tons of lowend and midrange torque. put it right back on with small self tapping screws. that reminds me i have to buy a new oem filter just incase one of those screws wiggle its way loose and ends up in my intake.

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
i took the screen mesh out of my oem filter and lost tons of lowend and midrange torque. put it right back on with small self tapping screws. that reminds me i have to buy a new oem filter just incase one of those screws wiggle its way loose and ends up in my intake.
Your sig pick is huge and annoying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts