701 - 720 of 773 Posts

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #701 (Edited)
Whaaaaaa.....congrats!!!

Now repeat after me

One up five down...

say it 3 times before you shift first gear (that'll be your mantra till you "master" the reverse shift:)

On a side note.... pm me your address and I'll send you a early birthday present :thumbup:
You are so wizard like the guy that sold me the bike gave me the same advice :laugh: pm on da way :five:
To be honest with you i am looking forward to the riding exp but i am also worried at the same time from the
power & all the complicated set ups & gagedtrey this beat has . I ordered a shop manual & an owners manual to make Sure i get educated with the correct knowledge right off the bat

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Very nice, Moe! Congrats! You're going to love it!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
You are so wizard like the guy that sold me the bike gave me the same advice :laugh: pm on da way :five:
To be honest with you i am looking forward to the riding exp but i am also worried at the same time from the
power & all the complicated set ups & gagedtrey this beat has . I ordered a shop manual & an owners manual to make Sure i get educated with the correct knowledge right off the bat

Well, I can't help you with the gadgets Mo lol.... I'm just as fresh as you are (little over 1k on the clock since 2015, yep I know right :retard:)

From what I know though, you'd have to unleashed the beast (flash ecu etc) untill than the bike is very user friendly and what I meant by that, I found my 08 1kRR (full yosh, bazzaz, irc, tuned) to be more twitchy and snappy than my stock r1.

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #704 (Edited)
Well, I can't help you with the gadgets Mo lol.... I'm just as fresh as you are (little over 1k on the clock since 2015, yep I know right :retard:)

From what I know though, you'd have to unleashed the beast (flash ecu etc) untill than the bike is very user friendly and what I meant by that, I found my 08 1kRR (full yosh, bazzaz, irc, tuned) to be more twitchy and snappy than my stock r1.
The ECU has been flashed already by Tim Hunt TT Motorsports https://www.facebook.com/TTMotosportcom/ the only mod needed would be the auto blip down so i would be looking into doing this mod down the road from now not right away got to ride the bike first as is & get used to it then go from there .

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #707
R1's are sweet!

Get rid of the M4. They're trash and don't make power.
Will do bro thinking Akra slip on or may be Arrow will see what the future brings :banger:

·
OG
3,350 Posts
Ohhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.... You got another bike?!!?!?

Can't wait to see some pics!!!!

Looking forward to another build thread, Moe!!!

Btw, Miss '07 got traded in a few months ago for a special order bike (still not in my greedy little hands, haha). She had turned over 50k on the odo, served me very well, never let me down, and always gave me a smile. When I traded her in, I gave the dealership new sprockets, chain, and fresh PS's, and made him promise she would have her new jewelry on, as she had been good to me, and I wanted to be good to her in return as we parted ways. They promised they would. Someone else will have some major fun with her, and I'm sure she will be as good to them as she was to me. And you, Moe. :)

Looking forward to your new build thread, Moe!!!! :)

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
Yeah, Moe be keeping us in suspense. Seems like you got a secret to share as well soon too homeslice! :popcorn:

·
OG
3,350 Posts
Fosho!!!! Soonsies...

Moe needs to drop some pics already. I'm dyin here.

Moe!! What did you get?? All we know is that it has electronic suspension and someone alluded to it possibly being an R1??... Do tell!!!

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #711
Fosho!!!! Soonsies...

Moe needs to drop some pics already. I'm dyin here.

Moe!! What did you get?? All we know is that it has electronic suspension and someone alluded to it possibly being an R1??... Do tell!!!
Its a 2015 R1 M :banger:

·
OG
3,350 Posts
For real??! You bought an R1M??! Moe, that's so freaking badass!!!!! What a bike!!!!!

What do you think so far? Have you ridden it yet? Would love to see your review, and what your thoughts are on it. :)

I'll definitely throw some advice your way when you begin the build thread. There's a good suspension setting thread in the tech section of the R1 forums for the Öhlins. Also, I can go over the flash stuff I experienced. I wasted some money I wish I hadn't on mine.

Likewise, I'll also do a build thread on it on here, in the next few weeks. I never did a build thread on it, and can't think of a better place to put it than here. I'll wait until I have my family of bikes together first though. It'll be about a month. ;)

Can't wait to see yours, Moe. And I'm so happy for you. So very happy. I know how hard you've worked for your love of moto, and know that this bike build of yours will be second to none. I am so looking forward to seeing what direction you go with this!!! :) :) :)

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #713
Mike thanks man for the well wishes . For real my first bike was a Yamaha 100 cc enduro bike & i believe my last one will be a yamaha as well age catching up . I have not had the chance to ride it still recovering from Rotator Cuff & Knee Scope surgery ( Two Meniscus tears ) that went sour due to a prescription of excessive asprine consumption .

I have not even had delivery of the Rossi Rocket yet ( still at the dealer ) . A must trip overseas tied me up the last few weeks neverless she will be coming home soon i can't wait till my knee has healed up so i can go riding . Once i have some decent snap shots i will post them for sure .

·
OG
3,350 Posts
Must trip?? That worries me, brother. Is your mom doing ok?

Sorry to hear about your physical ailments. That's rough, man. You're a fighter though, so I'm sure you'll rebound in no time.

That's awesome about it coming full circle. You will have a riot on the R1M. It's a peach of a bike. You really couldn't have done better. :)

Make sure before you sign the paperwork you ride it and assess the transmission. I'm sure it's already been through the recall process. Make sure you do plenty of shifting through the gearbox to make sure it shifts butter smooth. If there's any mis-shifts, walk. I had mine done by a ex-Yamaha racing mechanic, so mine is perfect, so you're generally at the mercy of who performed the recall work. If possible, find out who did the work and verify their resume. It's really the only hurdle on this bike. Also, if it doesn't have it already, you'll want to upgrade the battery to a Shorai. The stock battery isn't good at all. Short life and doesn't hold a charge well. You'll want to secure the battery using the foam inserts it comes with. The battery sits directly on the IMU and if it shifts while riding, it'll throw the electronic riding aids off. So as long as it's secure, it's a great thing. It uses the LFX14L2-BS12. It'll fit fine with no fitment issues whatsoever. You'll just want to secure the sides with the foam inserts it comes with.

Hope this helps!

And again, I wish you the best on a speedy recovery, my friend. :)

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #715 (Edited)
You guessed it man my mum has been going thru a rough spell inshallah she will pull thru . You are right about me being a fighter Life ain't taking over me yet i have been punching back since May of last year two unexpected surgeries & all then once this year .

Your advice is immense i already have a lithuim 8 cell battery set aside that i had removed from the Triumph before it got sold . As far as the tranny i am not sure if it was addressed or not i will find out Tuesday neverless i bought a two year warranty from Yamaha that covers the bike from A to Z with no deductable so that will come handy God forbid the tranny acts up .

The ECU has been flashed already & the bike has got a few upgrades right now plus i got a list of Rizoma goodies ( protection package , mirrors , Brake reservoirs ) lined up , Saddelman seat , Radiator Guard on my mind already & may be a different slip on down the road .

I will be getting a hold of you to get your suggestions on suspension set up & various settings of bike modes etc etc before i even attempt to make any changes that if you do not mind . Btw Yamaha will host a big hospitality party for R1 M owners at Cotas this year during the MOTO GP weekend in April if time allows i might fly over there if i do i will let you know ahead of time may be we can meet up .

·
OG
3,350 Posts
Damn. So sorry to hear that it is indeed your mom. :-( May she receive blessings in a time of need.

Goodness, bro. That's dreadful. Three surgeries in twelve months? Man, my heart goes out to you. May you bounce back and mend like the champion of life you are.

Glad to hear that you have the battery and warranty situated. You should be good to go!

Do you know who did the flash? Don't go the PCV / Autotune route I did. It only effects four of the eight injectors which makes fueling pretty hokey.

Great list of mods you got going already! Rizoma is top shelf! And the seat is pretty hard, so a Saddleman is a smart move!

For the frame sliders, take a look at the Yamaha oem ones. They match the R1M really well and an idiot city worker tipped my bike, and it held up perfectly. The only major damage done was to the frame slider, bar end (Rizoma), and Woodcraft engine cover skid plate. The fairing ($1,800 to replace) was not damaged at all.

Everything is soooo easy to remove on the R1. It's a joy to work on.

I shot you my # via pm. Feel free to text me if you've any questions.

I also was invited (again!) to the R1M owners hospitality gig. Unfortunately I am on the schedule at work, and haven't any off days to take this year. :-( If you feel up to it, you really should make it out there. I highly suggest it. And I'm sure, hanging out with Rebecca, her crew, and the Randy, will prove to be an immense amount of fun. :)

Keep in touch, Moe. And I still can't wait for the build thread and pics of your beautiful new baby to surface. :) Gonna have a great time with you as we wrench on and show off our bikes here. :cheers:

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #717 (Edited)
Thank you so much for your prayers bro its really appreciated .she is 83 but been a fighter all her life inshallah she will make it thru this tough battle As far as The ECU it has been flashed by Tim Hunt TT Motorsports https://www.facebook.com/TTMotosportcom/ . The only mod i am thinking of as far as what the dealer suggested would be the auto blip down so i would be looking into doing this mod down the road from now not right away got to ride the bike first as is & get used to it then go from there .

Your advise on such mod will be very critical & appreciated i am not sure if i will need such mod or not i am an easy rider you know will open her up evrey once in a while but not all the time i value my life & my driving privelage . I Got your pm & sent you one back going thru build threads together will be a fun exp that is for sure both of us will make the boys drop theur jaws for sure . Its been over five years since i was involved in a build thread so to get back into it with two threads for two identical rides will be brilliant i honestly can't wait :love3:

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #718
The R1M had me smiling ear to ear today what a ride this was its set up GP shiting took a few rounds to get used to it . I actually like it a lot except on the down shift it was not smooth like the upshift was ( new Sidi boots , still recovering from Meniscus surgery not enough strength in my leg ) had a reason behind how it went its possible .

I will wait a few weeks if status remains the same it will be rear sets time . The bike has the Vortex rear sets already but they aint smooth like my 675 R Rizoma rear sets were huge difference & the truimph had a speed shifter so no clutch at all as well only tine will tell . I took first half of the ride ( power , TC & Sc all at 3 ) the second half was power (2) TC (4) SC (3)

I did not notice a huge difference either set up the bike transition is so smooth . I had a lot of back fire though may be because i was not on the gas like a bat out of hell but i had plenty of reasons not to ride like a holigan ( not that i do anyway ) . i have not been riding since May of last year , sill recovering from 3 surgeries , brand new beast to tame , New boots & new jacket ( stiff ) over all i had a blast so happy to get my first ride out of the way

Sorry to not have any pictures yet will take some & post them very soon

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
nice Moe.... looking forward to the pics, or you know as they say here "pics or it's a dude"!!! :lol:

701 - 720 of 773 Posts