Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me just begin with saying WoW. I had made a thread about which sprocket/chain combo to go with, not only Rowskis was one of the people that replied to help me, but also when I called him, he did not mind explaining my questions no matter how long they took. The shipment arrived extremely fast and well packaged, also the price was great.

I don't always feel this satisfied when I do business, so I thought I would take the time to give this company a recognition and props. I would suggest everyone to give them a shot at least once and see it for your selfs.

Thank You, TurK

·
Monkey works will work for you :)
1,679 Posts
Thanks again for the recognition and thanks for your business. Anything we can help you with please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
yeah eric hooked me up with the arrow headers for my 07. very knowledgable about is products with an awesome price

·
Registered
175 Posts
ill also vouch for eric he is a good guy ill be buying some more stuff from him again soon!! He will go the extra mile to make sure you are happy!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Monkeyworkscycle (Eric) and Tripage - Awesome Vendors!

Well, I bought the new 07 Ti Arrow with carby tip from monkeyworkscycle.com and Eric took care of me like I was his old friend. I wasn't too familiar with what the differences were between the race and homologous core, but he sent replies to clear ALL my questions. I also want to add that he was flexible enough to ship my exhaust to tripage for modifications.

Tripage modified my exhaust (shortened it) and sent me a fender eliminator. Still in the process of installing the fender elim because I keep forgetting to bring 1 or 2 tools to my storage facility, but the quality of the fender elim is superb.

I recieved the exhaust 1 week after purchasing, which includes monkeyworkscycle shipping to tripage, tripage performing modifications, and tripage shipping it back to me.

So my experiences with both monkeyworkscycle AND Tripage... A+++++++

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Not a problem. Lets see some pics, and someone needs to do a video. We took a picture of the baffle removed, just need to download the pictures. T

·
Registered
166 Posts
Going back to the storage where I keep my bike after work to finish the rest off...
Hoping to upload pics later tonight, but the iphone camera sux...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looks good. Now take off that shield!!! I'm sure you have since removed it, your pipe is titanium right? How much did T remove from it? The length looks perfect. Congrats. :wave: C6r

Are you working on a video? If so please include a fly by, so we can hear it rev'd up, as well as at idle. Danka

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I get all my stuff for me and work through Monkey Works ...Eric is a good dood !

·
Registered
166 Posts
trip... not sure how to wire the fender elim. Theres a black and white wire. Where does that connect to?

Also, the instructions from the persuader 5.0 (http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=102411) is different from the FE I have slightly. Theres no blind nuts. There basically was only screws and nuts to mount. Just wondering how I could attach it without damaging the exhaust.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks good. Now take off that shield!!! I'm sure you have since removed it, your pipe is titanium right? How much did T remove from it? The length looks perfect. Congrats. :wave: C6r

Are you working on a video? If so please include a fly by, so we can hear it rev'd up, as well as at idle. Danka
I took those pics after I was done and was too tired to really do anything else. I'm going to leave the heat shield on for now since I dont really know if anything will get burned. I turned it on for a bit and let the engine run for a bit to get over 200 defrees F. Basically just to see if anything was being burned or melted. Started to see some smoke comming from around the foot peg. I presume its the rubber around the fastener connecting the midpipe to headers. So I turned it off and I'll try and see where it is when its brighter.

Yeah the pipe is Ti. Trip removed 2".

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
At 48 seconds to 53 seconds in the video... what are you putting into that bracket? Wasn't sure if that was just a simple screw and nut to fasten it on. If it was something else I may not have those 2 parts. Just let me know and I'll run to home depot.

Also, the padding between the exhaust and bracket would most likley have issues with heat. Any recommendations besides foam?

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you know a good app for the iPhone to take video and sound let me know. My old camera can take quick videos, but is > 5 yrs old (like when 2 MP was mainstream).

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Those are the screws and nuts that are already on the adjustable piece. Remove them, line up your holes, mark, drill, install the screws, put the nylon nuts on and tighten down. The rubber piece is the one that comes with the two bros shown in the video. Ask Moeman what he used to cover the screws. Rubber is fine for the exhaust, most exhaust straps have rubber covers over the exhaust. T

·
Monkey works will work for you :)
1,679 Posts
Well, I bought the new 07 Ti Arrow with carby tip from monkeyworkscycle.com and Eric took care of me like I was his old friend. I wasn't too familiar with what the differences were between the race and homologous core, but he sent replies to clear ALL my questions. I also want to add that he was flexible enough to ship my exhaust to tripage for modifications.

Tripage modified my exhaust (shortened it) and sent me a fender eliminator. Still in the process of installing the fender elim because I keep forgetting to bring 1 or 2 tools to my storage facility, but the quality of the fender elim is superb.

I recieved the exhaust 1 week after purchasing, which includes monkeyworkscycle shipping to tripage, tripage performing modifications, and tripage shipping it back to me.

So my experiences with both monkeyworkscycle AND Tripage... A+++++++

Thanks for the kind words sir....we really appreciate your business.

Your bike is looking really good, love that shortened pipe, absolutely beautiful.

Ride Safe,
Eric

1 - 20 of 31 Posts