Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my Puig screen on my '07 yesterday, and when I pull the stock screen off I find a 5mm allen key rusting away, jammed against the tip sensor and wiring. I imagine someone left it there when doing final assembly for the bike out of the crate, I don't know how else it could get there. Can you believe that?

D

·
0 Posts
I wish I found free tools in my bike. That's just like finding free money.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
why is the free money in our bikes!
Honda put it there just so you can spend it on their overpriced parts & accessories.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I worked at dealer all the time, and we would find, old lunch bags tools, money, books all kinda stuff in door panels and under seats haha ( this is stuff from people on the line who think they dont get paid enough but they do ) haha

·
Registered
28 Posts
when i bought my first bike (used), I was riding it home from the guys house and i kept thinking to myself, man the guy in the car in front of me must be smoking pot....
when i was taking the bike apart to add some after market goodies, i found a nice bag of weed jammed in between the airbox and the the top of the carbs. Needless to say all the weed was burnt up already from the engine heat.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When I used to work for Subaru I found a Snap-on Lineman's Plier. Currently I work for BMW and I have found a 1/4" 12pt. 10MM socket from MaC, (which by the way doesn't come to our dealer for some strange reason) I have also found a Snap-on 1/4" 6pt Shallow magnetic 8mm socket, which I was very happy about. I had the deep magnetic 8mm but sometimes with all the 8mm bolts that BMW uses a shallow is needed. So I actually use it quite frequently...matter of fact in came in handy working on my first z8 today. Sweet! I love FREE tools. Although I have lost my fair share.....

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
when i bought my first bike (used), I was riding it home from the guys house and i kept thinking to myself, man the guy in the car in front of me must be smoking pot....
when i was taking the bike apart to add some after market goodies, i found a nice bag of weed jammed in between the airbox and the the top of the carbs. Needless to say all the weed was burnt up already from the engine heat.
hehehe your bike must be really stoned from inhaling all that weed. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I put my Puig screen on my '07 yesterday, and when I pull the stock screen off I find a 5mm allen key rusting away, jammed against the tip sensor and wiring. I imagine someone left it there when doing final assembly for the bike out of the crate, I don't know how else it could get there. Can you believe that?
u sure its not the monkey who sold u the bike that left it there? :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
hahahaha, at least u got a free tool!!

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
I once found an oil filter tool under the hood of my '03 Sunfire. Found it 2 weeks after I had an oil change done at a local spot. I don't do my business there anymore, and I could only imagine if that thing got moved around and caught in a belt or fan or something bad. Luckily it didn't, but damn it was a close call.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
That sounds weird. I would have to imagine that the Honda factory provides better tools than a little allen key for installing windscreens at the factory.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts