Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know where to get really good quality monster energy green fairings just like the ones on Kawasaki zx6r 636?

I am going to turn mine into Monster Energy bike :)

I cant find any good one on Google search :(

I need one that will fit perfectly for a 2013 and up Honda CBR600RR ...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Your best bet all around is to get your stock stuff wrapped by a local graphics company. "Good quality" aftermarket fairings do not exist no matter how much people want to believe they do if you can even find them in the wanted design.

Then when you realize how squidly you look running around with the Monster logo on your bike it's easy to reverse; or change when you decide Rockstar is the better drink or that Red Bull will give you, uh "larger" wings.

Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does any know where to get racing seat cowls for 2013 cbr600rr? I dont like the factory seat cowl one it has that ugly black rubber on it :(

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think it's a bit unfair to say that you can't find any good quality after-market fairings.

A number of years ago, that may have been the case as most suppliers (usually in China) were getting started on it and they usually had issues with fitting, finish and even fairings melting from the heat. Now after several years and tens of thousands of fairings sold, they've learnt.

I've inspected a few RR's here with after-market fairings and they're good quality. No signs of heat damage, fitting is just like OEM. In fact, I've ordered a set for myself. I've gone through a middle-man here in Australia. The way it works is they select a few key suppliers they have found to be producing good quality fairings and they take a small cut, because they handle a lot of orders, it's actually cheaper going through them than buying off eBay or whatever.

Now I HOPE mine comes out well, they've already sent me some pictures of the fairings as they are in progress and I've OK'd most of it, with a few minor modifications. Hopefully in a few more days I get the final confirmation pictures and it will be shipped out.

To answer the OP's question, as the 2013 model is relatively new, you'll probably have to go through one of these middle-men and tell them the graphics you want, they can definitely do it, it will cost you more though as they'll have to design it and do the aligning of graphics properly. I'm pretty keen on seeing on how that Monster scheme turns out on an RR, I quite like it and think it will look pretty cool, a bit retro even.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I think it's a bit unfair to say that you can't find any good quality after-market fairings.

A number of years ago, that may have been the case as most suppliers (usually in China) were getting started on it and they usually had issues with fitting, finish and even fairings melting from the heat. Now after several years and tens of thousands of fairings sold, they've learnt.

I've inspected a few RR's here with after-market fairings and they're good quality. No signs of heat damage, fitting is just like OEM. In fact, I've ordered a set for myself. I've gone through a middle-man here in Australia. The way it works is they select a few key suppliers they have found to be producing good quality fairings and they take a small cut, because they handle a lot of orders, it's actually cheaper going through them than buying off eBay or whatever.

Now I HOPE mine comes out well, they've already sent me some pictures of the fairings as they are in progress and I've OK'd most of it, with a few minor modifications. Hopefully in a few more days I get the final confirmation pictures and it will be shipped out.

To answer the OP's question, as the 2013 model is relatively new, you'll probably have to go through one of these middle-men and tell them the graphics you want, they can definitely do it, it will cost you more though as they'll have to design it and do the aligning of graphics properly. I'm pretty keen on seeing on how that Monster scheme turns out on an RR, I quite like it and think it will look pretty cool, a bit retro even.

Good luck.
The definition of "quality" parts vs. OEM has very little to do with looks and even less with initial fitment but instead with longevity and structure:

How does that side panel look and fit after it's been removed 10 times?

How about after 10k miles of road debris and weather, how's the paint and clear coat look?

How's the tank cover holding up after your leather jacket and pants have rubbed against it the past few track days?

Now take that OEM piece and bend it 30 degrees, see how the paint stretches and it comes right back? Try that with your aftermarket piece

Lastly you ever seen aftermarket stuff in a crash? It generally shatters and cracks, OEM rarely does and is easily repairable.

Just saying, you WILL get what you pay for.

Mike

·
Registered
537 Posts
The definition of "quality" parts vs. OEM has very little to do with looks and even less with initial fitment but instead with longevity and structure:

How does that side panel look and fit after it's been removed 10 times?
Not sure, I guess I have to find out.

How about after 10k miles of road debris and weather, how's the paint and clear coat look?
Fine, if observation of other 600RR's are to go by.

How's the tank cover holding up after your leather jacket and pants have rubbed against it the past few track days?
Tank pad + grips

Now take that OEM piece and bend it 30 degrees, see how the paint stretches and it comes right back? Try that with your aftermarket piece
Can't remember the last time I did that on any of my bikes, why would I do that for no reason ? :S

Lastly you ever seen aftermarket stuff in a crash? It generally shatters and cracks, OEM rarely does and is easily repairable.

Just saying, you WILL get what you pay for.
You're trying to tell me that OEM fairings do not shatter and crack in a crash?

Either way, I'm well aware that after-market is not to the same standard as OEM. That is not what I was trying to say at all. I just think that for the price, it's worth it. OEM fairings are very expensive and after nearly 9 years on the road, I think I want to preserve my OEM's, it's definitely held up really well.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Man i like that bike. Must not buy a kawi....

·
Registered
1,833 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Here is that Monster scheme from ABSfairing that shinfo mentioned:

Wouldn't be in my top 5 choices, but it's still pretty nice. The RR's layout generally tends to lend itself to a whole range of schemes that the other three from the big 4 don't look as good in.

·
Registered
537 Posts
My take on this whole thread is that rothmans has Chinese plastics. Thats about it
My current Movistar fairings are the original Japanese ones, the bike comes complete with original documentation from the dealer that describe it as so.

You will soon be correct though, when my new fairings arrive, they will indeed be Chinese plastics, whilst the Japanese originals will be cleaned and carefully packaged in storage. :shakehand

·
Registered
537 Posts
Semakin Di Depan is Yamaha Indonesia's slogan.

:retard:

That's like buying Repsol themed fairings for an R6 with One HEART Satu HATI on it or a pair of Reeboks with a Nike Swoosh on the side of it.
Nice to know, not that I care as it's not going on my bike. Although it's probably not as dramatic as a Nike sign on a Rebooks.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Your best bet all around is to get your stock stuff wrapped by a local graphics company. "Good quality" aftermarket fairings do not exist no matter how much people want to believe they do if you can even find them in the wanted design.
Not true at all, I've seen ABS fairings from ebay in real life and they hold up pretty well, I know cyclecruza has had his on for over a year and he claims they still look new.

Then when you realize how squidly you look running around with the Monster logo on your bike it's easy to reverse; or change when you decide Rockstar is the better drink or that Red Bull will give you, uh "larger" wings.

Mike
I agree completely with this. Whenever I see people running around with monster stickers on their bikes and trucks I roll my eyes..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts