Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this email...

"Good Morning Andy;

Unfortunately, my driver did not get into town until this morning and two of my people in the mill section are out with the flu. Bottom line, your parts will not be ready this week. We will get started sometime tomorrow and they will go to Anodize by Tuesday or Wed of next week. I should be able to have them back by the end of the week. I will keep you posted. Have a great day!!"

I told a select few that it will be ready by this week but at least we have an expected date. All manuals and instructions are completed and I don't have to wait for shipping since the company is relatively local. Thanks to those involved for being patient.

As for the rest of the members you will fully understand by the end of next week.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wrong with the rear sets... its a fender eliminator. Not the one I have on right now either. I can't really say too much else at this time not b/c I want to withold information but b/c I don't know yet. A lot of things are up in the air right now but I can assure you it will be well worth the money. It will also be a lot cheaper than some other alternatives.

Sorry to involve all you guys but I needed to let the few members involved know whats going on and I didnt want to have to PM all of them.(Not that I wanted this top secret or anything but I didn't want to keep people in "suspense" :wink: )

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They will be black. Other colors are available to me but black will be pretty much the standard. The reason for this is too keep the cost down. Besides, our undertails are black this so camouflages it. It looks good because it looks like a floating design.

Another cool feature is that you have the option of attaching turn signals to it or not. I would love to post a pic but I only have one of a prototype someone helped me build. I guess we'll all have to wait 1 more week.

·
Registered
892 Posts
sounds good brothuh, keep us posted, and i'm going to get some time this weekend to do finish the undertail production procedure. I hope. I'll get one out to you when it's done fo shizzle.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Ditto, pics when you get 'em, I've got to get rid of that ugly ass rear mud flap before spring and the CW looks like garbage for the price. (?? Are these the ones with the integrated led turning signals??))

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WherzRoony said:
Ditto, pics when you get 'em, I've got to get rid of that ugly ass rear mud flap before spring and the CW looks like garbage for the price. (?? Are these the ones with the integrated led turning signals??))
No they do not come with lights. It has signal mounts were you can mount your stock or aftermarket lights. OPtionally, you can remove the signal mounts and use it as just a license plate holder. This is the way I have mine setup. Mine, however, is an older revision which actually imapacted the tire upon rigourous loads. I adjusted mine so that it no longer impacts. I compared notes with my friend (who helped make this design possible by the way) and a new revision was made that allowed for greater clearance. The result is, a nice looking design that I hope all will be pleased with.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ooooo....that's a tough one. I don't have an accurate price as of yet, but I do know it will be less than $100. I know this doesn't help much but I can't just throw a price out without knowing what I'm dealing with for shipping, taxes, and other expenses. I am inclined to say somewhere between the 70-$80 mark. It could be less though...(maybe a tiny bit more) Keep in mind this is not going to be an "in garage" operation.

I will not be fabricating these parts myself and their are a few intricate components to it. It is milled and anodized professionally and is made to fit the bike without any cutting or drilling. All screws are included with it and they are allen head screws so at least theft will be somewhat prevented.

Upon my receipt of the parts I will go ahead and post some pics to get some feedback. Also, keep in mind that this part will not fit Every variation of undertail setups. It's not univeral to every exhaust. (Its not mounted on the exhaust but the exhaust can interfere with the placement of the part)

·
Registered
58 Posts
sounds sweet havoc... i CAN'T wait to see pics...
side note... you a command and conquer fan?? i remember playing renegade a while back and havoc was the sniper??

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hehehe I did play Command and Conquer (Still do...Generals) but I didn't get my handle off that. I used to play games as Sarge but it was un-original. Coincidental since I am a Sergent but I'm up for promotion anyway.(Wouldn't sound to good being Staff Sarge hehehehe) I always like to wreak havoc so hence my nickname came to be. -------HavocWreaker

I will call the guy on Monday. He seems to be open on all holidays so I'll try to hurry him along. Can't wait to put the newer model on my bike. The older model looked good but it slapped my tire when my wife rode. I went into a gas station with a step incline and thats when it rubbed. I moved it up so it no longer rubs even with her on it. You can still see some of the rub on the plate.

The new setup is somewhat similar but the angle has changed to allow for some more clearance. Also...I don't have the signal mounts installed since I have no signals. I use an integrater and my own LED peg signals.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts