Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Anyone here in the Twin Cities? Just bought an 03 rr and wondering if there is someone around me who can possibly help with a few projects I may have coming up in case I get stuck!

I ride with my best friend on his R1, maybe few more people would be nice too.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
What kind of projects do you need help with? My parents live in Eau Claire which is only an hour away. It wouldn't be much for me to come lend a hand, otherwise I know there's a few folks in the twin cities area as well

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bridge_Jumper: I actually went to University of Wisconsin - Stout and head up that way because my boyfriend lives in Cornell, WI.

BJ Yorko: I drive on 100 everyday to work in Minneapolis. I work right by Lake Calhoun and am from Eagan.

Not sure of projects, was thinking about some kind of rim painting/powdercoating, small stretch kit, lowering links came in the mail today.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw a really sick bike on here, black with gold accents from a guy who works at a graphics company. Trying to find it now, but I really liked a lot of what he had! Will post that thread soon when I find it

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Well I'll warn you, I have my buddy do most of the work on my bike. I help and love learning about it, but I'm not "knowledgeable" by any means. I'm more just an extra set of hands and apprentice while he does a lot of the work.

PS. ditch the stretch kit... just my $.02, but what I like and what you like could be, and probably are, totally different. I like the clean/subtle look, but you didn't post here asking for my opinion now did you? haha

I'm always up for riding and have a group of buddies I try to ride with as much as possible, however they've recently gotten into more of the stunting side of things and that's just not for me. I'll ride as much as possible though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah my best friend with his R1 hates stretches too. I just think a little one like 4 inches looks nice. I probably won't though.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Stretching it will cost more $$ than you're thinking. You'll also have to buy a new chain which is long enough for the stretch. Stretching a bike just destroys it, but that's just my opinion. It's your bike so do what you want to it haha

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I live in Woodbury, work off 94 and 280 right between the cities. I have a lift, full set if tools and do all my own work and rebuilding a motor isn't out of the question.

Need help, pm me. But I'll be giving you **** the entire time if you're looking at tricking out your bike in a douchy way; and stretch kits are douchy, IMO. Especially on a 600. But hey, it's your bike and I'm always up for working on something.

Mike

·
Registered
149 Posts
Figured I'd post, even though the thread is a bit old, but I'm up in the Duluth area and am occasionally down in the cities. :) 03 RR here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not too late at all, keep posting, even if you see this in 2 years from now!

My bike is now lowered (had to lift it by handlebars from rafters after lowing it too far.. oops), gauge cluster buttons fixed, integrated tail lights on, plasti dipped and decaled my lower fairings, few more little things but getting used to my new bike!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice. My bike is lowered an inch right now. But I need to adjust my SAG to compensate for it. I also had to fix my gauge buttons. Haha. Pictures of the Plasti-Dip? I have a second set of fairing for mine and don't know what I'm going to do with them yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the forum for why I plasti dipped it:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=391793

The after picture is below. Looks sharp, just need some kind of clear coating because some of it is peeling already.

My bike has Showa suspension from the previous owner so I didn't touch the suspension after dropping it about 2 inches.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here is the forum for why I plasti dipped it:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=391793

The after picture is below. Looks sharp, just need some kind of clear coating because some of it is peeling already.

My bike has Showa suspension from the previous owner so I didn't touch the suspension after dropping it about 2 inches.
Hmm. I don't know that you can just clear over the Plasti-Dip. It sounds to me like you didn't do enough coats of Plasti-Dip. It shouldn't peel if done correctly unless you actually want to peel it off. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I was worried that was the reason! I'll just buy another bottle and redo the side that's peeling. The side with the logo that I did still looks good though, so good thing I don't have to order a new decal

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah I was worried that was the reason! I'll just buy another bottle and redo the side that's peeling. The side with the logo that I did still looks good though, so good thing I don't have to order a new decal
Good deal. And I'm not completely sure but I would guess that that is the reason as to the peeling. Also, I don't know if you will want to Plasti-Dip over the top of your existing dip. But I'm not an expert by any means. Haha.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Everyone back riding yet? Beautiful day today. I'm looking for a roll call and I would like to start some aesthetic mods as a hobby...I need to replace some stuff anyway

Anyone get in trouble for lane splitting in MN?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts