Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont normally take passengers on my bike and it runs fine. I weigh about 220lbs . The other day met this hottie on the beach and took her for lil ride and noticed that the bike seemed to struggle to do what it normally does with just me.

very slow acceleration. lots of engine noise. Felt awesome in the corners but had problems accelerating out.

Does anyone else have this problem?
I know the bike has a max weight limit of like 300lbs or so but will adding more weight make that much of a difference to the acceleration.
she couldnt have been more than 110-115

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you think about it, adding a passenger that only weighs 100~120 is still adding about 15~20% more weight to the bike/rider combo which can have a pretty significant impact on the acceleration.

Although it's not quite the same thing, you can think of it as riding the bike solo, but with 15~20% less power. Definitely something you would feel.

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
I weigh 300 and my girl weighs 125....I notice a handling issue, but acceleration is detrimentally affected...It seems a little sluggish down low, but once going...there isn't really any problem...

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
the funny engine noise is torque loading on the engine... you needed a few more revs

·
Registered
965 Posts
Weight limit is 395lbs, on Canadian models anyways. But thats what happens when you ride with passengers. Its like a totally different bike. I hate it, thank god the wife got her own RR now :)

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Wait.... so if you add more weight the bike will have different riding characteristics??!?!?!? SOMEBODY CALL THE PRESS!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
yeah i feel alot different with two people on the 600..... i hate it..... i cant ram and jam on it either. Handling and accel... its only a 600cc

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Its fun to ride a long distance with a person on the back, then go ride without them and the bike feels 20 times lighter and more nimble and you feel like a superhero on it!

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
Rear pegs off, and solo cowl on by the third day I had this one. It's never had a passenger on it, and never will.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You sir just need to peddle harder. lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well damn bro... you're 220 and she is 110. That's almost the dry weight of the bike. Of course it's going to slow down / work harder to accelerate.
Well no ****. I know its gonna be slower. but the engine seemed to be working way to hard and not getting where. I was worried that there was something wrong with my bike. If its normal then end of discussion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.