Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nicky just sounds like a broken man listening to his interviews after Motegi. Sounds like he's about to bawl. I doubt I'd be feeling any different knowing that Rossi is about to humiliate my arse and steal a title back.

But maybe things wouldn't be like this if HRC didn't keep giving Hayden such a hard time with development parts, funky chassis, and effed up clutches. It's like they wanted D.Piddy to win so bad that they didn't take Hayden very seriously.

I just don't understand how he had such a competitive bike in the first half of the season and now he has no rear grip, clutch issues, and lack of speed. I mean he couldn't even catch up to a ZX-RR on the straights. That is really pathetic for a Honda bike.

I'm no Nicky fan, but I am so tired of seeing Rossi win and win. And then get away with illegal stuff and escaping punishment. He's always been able to get away with crap and it's taxing to see all the time.

I really hope Nicky pulls himself together for the last 2 races and wins his first GP title. I'd be really happy for him. But if he loses, the next 2 years at Honda are going to be awful for him...

·
Registered
372 Posts
I agree. I'm neither a Hayden or Rossi fan, but yeah, I thought it was kind of odd that Rossi wasn't penalized. I sort of understand Hayden's frustration...I mean, it's such a tight race at this point and the rules are if the penalty isn't assessed during the race, then they can't do it after the race. How hokey is that? On the other hand, maybe Hayden should put on the "stiff upper lip" and eke out a win in spite of his adversities. Prove that he really deserves to be champion and doesn't need to have the crown handed to him.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
HRC has been to sacrifice a championship just so they could learn as much as possible with their concepts of prototype parts for next years' bike, remember the NR500's (oval pistons & 8valves per cylinder V4) when HRC decided to go back into GP racing they spent huge amounts of resources for 3 years & not a single GP championship did they reap with that but they have valuable lessons gained from that experience & the next year they made an NS500 (V3 2stroke) & took the championship.

HRC is all about technical superiority, they want a bike that can be piloted by any rider & still win races, put a good rider & win some races but put the best rider & win championships.

but lately it seems Ducati is headed toward the right direction & with an annual budget of less than 25% of what HRC spends for a season they certainly making it for the hoards of HRC engineers back in japan harder to come up with something better to improve the RC211V, they have probably maxed out the potential what the current RC211V has to offer.

like the original RC211V they must start with a clean sheet of paper & build it from the ground up with no shared components from the 990cc bike, Ducati has learned a big deal from their WSBK domination & has transferred the technology to their GP program with amazing results but the same could not be said to HRC whereas the CBR1000RR hasn't won a single WSBK championship but it's smaller sibling the CBR600RR still dominates the WSS class for 3years running, that is the kind of result HRC is expecting of their bikes but there's an old saying "what works for one may not work for the others".

as for 800cc MotoGP bike i'll bet it would be much similar to the RC45 but without the single-sided swingarms & if Honda wins championships with it you can expect a road going version to be made in very limited quantities & a stratospheric price tag to match.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
I like Hayden, well besides his redneck accent, and I would like him to win but he has been nothing but a big choke these last few races.

Rossi will reign supreme yet again.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Longestrunonsentencesever lol
OveRReV said:
HRC has been to sacrifice a championship just so they could learn as much as possible with their concepts of prototype parts for next years' bike, remember the NR500's (oval pistons & 8valves per cylinder V4) when HRC decided to go back into GP racing they spent huge amounts of resources for 3 years & not a single GP championship did they reap with that but they have valuable lessons gained from that experience & the next year they made an NS500 (V3 2stroke) & took the championship.

but lately it seems Ducati is headed toward the right direction & with an annual budget of less than 25% of what HRC spends for a season they certainly making it for the hoards of HRC engineers back in japan harder to come up with something better to improve the RC211V, they have probably maxed out the potential what the current RC211V has to offer.

like the original RC211V they must start with a clean sheet of paper & build it from the ground up with no shared components from the 990cc bike, Ducati has learned a big deal from their WSBK domination & has transferred the technology to their GP program with amazing results but the same could not be said to HRC whereas the CBR1000RR hasn't won a single WSBK championship but it's smaller sibling the CBR600RR still dominates the WSS class for 3years running, that is the kind of result HRC is expecting of their bikes but there's an old saying "what works for one may not work for the others".

·
Registered
591 Posts
OveRReV said:
Honda wasn't so much sacrificing a few championships in order to learn with the NR as they were trying to beat 2 stroke bikes with a 4 stroke. Soichiro Honda detested 2-strokes and in the past Honda was able to do beat them with 4-strokes so they figured they could do it again.

In the late 50's and going into the 60's they achieved it by adding cylinders, valves, revs, and gears. So, true to form, they had planned to build a V8 but the GP rules limited cylinders to 4. The NR500's oval pistoned engine was a solution to that limitation that just ended up not working out well enough to win races at the time.

Ducati Corse has about 100 employees and HRC has about 125. Notice that Ducati Corse doesn't give its customer team (D'Antin) anywhere near the support that Honda gives to its customers. Don't get me wrong, Ducati has done a fantastic job but they are not doing with significantly less employees nor with a shoestring budget. Less than Honda for sure though.

The whole reason Honda gave Nicky the 06 RCV is because they felt the 05 has reached the end of its development cycle and was not going to get much faster. The 06 was by no means a world beater when they started the season but they were hoping that by the end of the season the could reach enough of its potential to win consistently. Unfortunately I don't think they're there yet.

Well number 1, Ducati is not competing against full-on HRC bikes in WSBK, they're all effectively privateer CBR1000RR's, with some support from Honda Europe for Ten Kate at least.

Look at the CBR1000RR's (the HM Plant bikes are full-on HRC leased bikes) in BSB and they won the constructors title last year and just narrowly missed out on the rider's title. This year Kiyonari is in a tight points battle for the championship with Lavilla and Haslam. The current CBR1000RR is probably not as good a starting point for racing as the K5 GSX-R1000 but I think HRC bikes would be doing a bit better against factory Ducatis.

as for 800cc MotoGP bike i'll bet it would be much similar to the RC45 but without the single-sided swingarms & if Honda wins championships with it you can expect a road going version to be made in very limited quantities & a stratospheric price tag to match.
Unless the 800 has a V4 I doubt it will have anything to do with the RC45. The RC45 was had handling problems and didn't do as well on the world stage as its predecessor (RC30) or its successor (RC51).

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
G.Irish said:
The whole reason Honda gave Nicky the 06 RCV is because they felt the 05 has reached the end of its development cycle and was not going to get much faster.
And yet little 20 year old Pedrosa still hands Nicky's ass to him on the old bike.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
i have gut feeling they'll let Nicky have whatever he needs these last 2 races. be it his favorite clutch, his favorite chassis, or whatever.

He can't afford to place less than 3rd these next two races.

PREDICTION: WRITE THIS IN STONE! Hayden WILL win the Championship by 5 points.

C

·
0 Posts
I llike it, a man with some Cajones! Forget Rossi, I agree with NesNeedsBoost....Hayden is winning this one baby! I will go out on a limb with ya bro.

NesNeedsBoost said:
i have gut feeling they'll let Nicky have whatever he needs these last 2 races. be it his favorite clutch, his favorite chassis, or whatever.

He can't afford to place less than 3rd these next two races.

PREDICTION: WRITE THIS IN STONE! Hayden WILL win the Championship by 5 points.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
crotch_rocket_pilot said:
I llike it, a man with some Cajones! Forget Rossi, I agree with NesNeedsBoost....Hayden is winning this one baby! I will go out on a limb with ya bro.
i will jump on that bandwagon with you guys!!! GO NICKY!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
TOMIMOTO said:
And yet little 20 year old Pedrosa still hands Nicky's ass to him on the old bike.
\

Maybe you missed the last 2 races...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
so what is the absolute worse case position that hayden can place in the last 2 races and still win the championship?? any math wizzes here wanna do the math on that one??

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
jonnyringo893 said:
so what is the absolute worse case position that hayden can place in the last 2 races and still win the championship?? any math wizzes here wanna do the math on that one??
If Rossi wins both races, Hayden needs to be 2nd place both times to win the Championship by 2 points.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
moeman said:
Aren
you are the one who called hayden the biggest chump ever
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=59396&page=2&pp=15 post # 29
so make up your mind is he the biggest chump ever or is the HRC
guys a bunch of chumps

If Hayden loses, then yes he is going to be the biggest chump in the GP paddock. But I don't exactly know at what point HRC started to slack off or Hayden just couldn't cut it, you know?

But who cares what I think anyway? I just wanted to start a thread and hear everyone else's opinions and stuff.

·
Registered
591 Posts
G.Irish said:
The whole reason Honda gave Nicky the 06 RCV is because they felt the 05 has reached the end of its development cycle and was not going to get much faster.
TOMIMOTO said:
Dani is doing excellent in his first year no doubt but he's not exactly handing Nicky his ass. Dani has not had more points than Nicky at any time in the season except for the first race.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
jonnyringo893 said:
in short - hayden needs to finish infront of rossi or finish just right behind him...

·
Registered
771 Posts
It seems to me that Hayden's problems started after the summer break...he's been very patient and has always said in his interviews that when it comes time it's he who has got to get faster and can't place the blame on anyone else. He's saying that because he's got incredible sportsmanship and he doesn't want to talk bad about what HRC is making him do (trying new parts, etc.) because he understands that as the lead rider, that's part of his job. But because of that, people are blaming him for not posting wins since that's what they're hearing Nicky say (that it's his fault). I think people need to understand there's more to it and sometimes it's the rider, sometimes it's the bike.

This time, it was the bike. Nicky's start was terrible and I'm sure that someone of his talent and skill level has a very small chance of screwing up the start to the extent of having his bike hop like that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts