Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing a picture of someone's bike who mounted their Motorola Droid on their bike to use the Car Home turn-by-turn directions. I searched and searched, but I can't find it! Anyone have this pic by chance? Thanks.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Its so easy if you already have the vehicle mount.

This is what I used:
-OEM droid mount
-corner bracket
-3/4" bolt with nut
-2 washers
-toothed lock washer

Just remove the suction half of the mount, there is already a hole so you wont need to drill. Attach the mount to the HESD bolt on the bike with the corner bracket. I placed the toothed washer in between the bracket and the mount to make sure it doesnt move at all. Seems to be holding very well. You may want to use some blue locktite just in case.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Its so easy if you already have the vehicle mount.

This is what I used:
-OEM droid mount
-corner bracket
-3/4" bolt with nut
-2 washers
-toothed lock washer

Just remove the suction half of the mount, there is already a hole so you wont need to drill. Attach the mount to the HESD bolt on the bike with the corner bracket. I placed the toothed washer in between the bracket and the mount to make sure it doesnt move at all. Seems to be holding very well. You may want to use some blue locktite just in case.

******UPDATE*******

The cradle part of the mount that attaches to the arm needs to be secured better. It clips in from the side and came apart during a very bumpy ride this past weekend. You can superglue these parts together to avoid this problem.

Just thought I'd let you guys know before someone lost a droid. Good thing I didnt have my phone in the mount at the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts