Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That was back in June buddy :)

Sounds cool so far, I'm hoping they add some Moto2 stuff as well to sweaten the deal. Still waiting for a US announcement for SBK 09.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah I read some stuff about a month or so ago about this coming out. I was gonna post up a couple articles I found but I forgot lol. I'm sure the graphics will be pretty similar to MotoGP08 hopefully a little better at least. The new career mode and leader board stuff sounds cool. When there is no one playing online trying to run fast laps to be on top of the online leader board will be fun. I wonder if you can still upgrade the bike through career mode and take it online like in 08? I hope so. I really wish it was coming out at the end of this season October or so like they normally do and the 2010 update come out in March. That would be more logical but I'm sure they need more time to finish the game itself and the update will probably come out towards the end of next season.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hopefully you can custumize the look of your bike as well...that would be one thing cool in the new career mode

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Capcom messed up the moto gp series. Moto GP 07 is still king
I'm assuming your talking about xbox? Capcom made MotoGP 07 for PS2. I think capcom has done a pretty good job with the game for Playstaion. They are better than the older PS2 versions made by namco.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm assuming your talking about xbox? Capcom made MotoGP 07 for PS2. I think capcom has done a pretty good job with the game for Playstaion. They are better than the older PS2 versions made by namco.
Yeah I was talking about the 360. Still to this day people are playing 07 the demo and game. When Capcom took over rights to the license last year they bomb the game. I simply got it Achievement whored it and took it back. Capcoms Moto GP 08 almost has no one online playing. Not looking to get much out of the next one either.

I just want a Moto racing game that can compare to the upcoming FORZA 3 (which is going to be effin sick)

I say Fock Capcom hand it back to Climax so we can get a decent game. Or Need for Speed should come out with a motorcycling game.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Just got done reading some info on MotoGP 09/10 and there is a couple trailers out now. I'll post links below. After watching the trailers it looks like the graphics are gonna be a little better/different than 08. That was one of the bad things about 08 for PS3. The graphics and game play in 08 was pretty much the same as 07 for PS2 with basically just a new rider line up and adding Indy. Bad part about 09/10 right now before the 10 update will be just 17 tracks because Shanghai was dropped this year for Hungary and they never finished the track so that's why there is 17 MotoGP races instead 18 and 16 125/250 instead of 17.

The gameplay in 09/10 looks to be different than 08. Which is good considering 07 for PS2 and 08 for PS3 were close to identical. I feel I've been playing the same motogp game for years now since I got 07 for PS2 and 08 for PS3 the day they both came out. I'm ready for a little bit different gameplay, but capcom's gameplay is better that the old namco versions.

Official Game website,
http://www.playmotogp.com

Official YouTube site,
http://www.youtube.com/motogp0910

Game info, screen shots and etc.
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14344222.html

2 trailers
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/143/14344222/vids_1.html

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
They're still using the old PS3 logo, hopefully those are old trailers (just because they were at the TGS last week doesn't make them new). That and the levitating bike, game still needs some work. There does seem to be a bit of a stylized filter over the whole thing and that speed effect is a bit much.

Stoner yelling at the player for bumping him was great - Rossi blowing past in the straight was interesting. Hopefully they put out a demo so I can justify picking this up.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
If you go to the their youtube site there are a couple on interviews with the developers. They basically said the trailers are a very rough copy. A demo will be out about a month before the release date and they said things like the floating bikes, shadows and other stuff will be fixed when the game comes out. I wouldn't worry to much about the quality of the trailers as the release date is still a good ways away.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I downloaded the demo off of ps3 network Game play is tight.
You must have downloaded the old MotoGP 08 demo. The MotoGP 09/10 demo is not out yet. I just checked on the PSN store and it's not up there just the old 08 demo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts