Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
funny but why, whats pushing him around gonna do magicly fix the bike...lol people with short tempers are funny

·
Registered
352 Posts
WSBK...not MotoGP, but yea...definately uncalled for.

It was Reuben Xaus and...I couldnt catch the other name, but one things for sure:

Not only was he an ass for getting physical, but IMHO, the accident was his fault as much as the other riders...the other rider already had the inside line. Yes, the other rider shot up the inside of the turn, but thats racing...he left the door opened.

you even see him pick up his bike at the last second and back off as he notices he doesnt have space to shut the door.

stupidity x2

·
Registered
326 Posts
The guy on the outside was probably setting up for the next left hander which would have put him in the same situation just reversed roles.....that's just racing man. Uncalled for reaction.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Yah, definately dumb. It's clearly the angry guys fault. It's freakin' racing, you try your hardest to get ahead of the guy infront of you.

It's not very effective to hit a guy in the head when he has a helmet on either.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Bad reaction, but I think it was the inside guys fault. That's a wicked right hander, leading to a left (sort of like Assen with Colin and Hayden). No way was the inside line going to finish. He was the only guy trying the inside line. He would've gone straight into the grass. But the reaction was uncalled for. The other dude was on his knees and he pushes him back to the ground. AMAZING restraint because if I were the green dude, I would have tried to rip the helmet off the other guy.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Aww common Xaus..I was just singing your praises the other day when talking about the 2001-02 seasons of WSBK..You just went down a couple of notches..That was a legitemate pass

·
Registered
549 Posts
Definitely unsportsmanlike but it was the inside riders fault... The line he took put him right into the other guys path. Wonder how he expected to pull that one off unless he thought he was going to come out ahead of the outside guy

·
Registered
501 Posts
the inside guy was the first one to the turn, how is it his fault? that's how passes are made, you make it to the turn first, those behind you have to slow down. fault always lies on who's behind....unless you're making an obvious block (weave back and forth more than once).

I'm thinking the green guy was a lapped rider and that's why the xaus was so ticked...either way, if I'm the green guy I'd protect myself.

·
Registered
269 Posts
sooperman12 said:
Bad reaction, but I think it was the inside guys fault. That's a wicked right hander, leading to a left (sort of like Assen with Colin and Hayden). No way was the inside line going to finish. He was the only guy trying the inside line. He would've gone straight into the grass. But the reaction was uncalled for. The other dude was on his knees and he pushes him back to the ground. AMAZING restraint because if I were the green dude, I would have tried to rip the helmet off the other guy.
+1... If you're the ONLY one running the line, chances are everyone else isn't wrong... JMO

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
pelele said:
the inside guy was the first one to the turn, how is it his fault? that's how passes are made, you make it to the turn first, those behind you have to slow down. fault always lies on who's behind....unless you're making an obvious block (weave back and forth more than once).

I'm thinking the green guy was a lapped rider and that's why the xaus was so ticked...either way, if I'm the green guy I'd protect myself.
The reason they're saying its Green-dude's fault, is not because he got into the corner first, which technically he did, but he didnt do it on the right line. If Xaus was further behind him and Green went through the corner like that, Xaus would've easily gone behind and inside him after green ran it wide..

It wasnt that Green got in front of Xaus and they were both heading the same direction, Green basically ran across Xaus's path, and after slowing the video down, Right after Xaus picks back up to avoid him, it looks like Green lost it before Xaus hit him.. so there's another reason.. Cut in front of someone and lose it because you didnt take a good line.. sure, its racing, but i'd be pretty damned pissed off too

And if Green was a lapped rider, why the hell was he trying to pass Xaus then?

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
if you guys watch the video carefully, ruben xaus touched the rear end of the green bike making it to lose traction.

and from the trajectory of the green bike, its looks like a legitimate line.

bottomline..thats ruben xaus... i saw a motogp vid of crashes in season 2004, that guy was in that vid for at least 5 times. he has the most publicity from that vid!! which is bad publicity!

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
Gingerbreadman said:
+1 ^ the outside buy shouldn't have done anything after running into the green guy, damage already done, just bad PR after that.
yeah, thats another restriction, probation, and fine for mr xaus!

serves him right.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
panda_stunter said:
if you guys watch the video carefully, ruben xaus touched the rear end of the green bike making it to lose traction.

and from the trajectory of the green bike, its looks like a legitimate line.

bottomline..thats ruben xaus... i saw a motogp vid of crashes in season 2004, that guy was in that vid for at least 5 times. he has the most publicity from that vid!! which is bad publicity!
All Im saying is that he wouldnt have run into him had the Green guy cut him off.. its onething to stuff him and make him stand it up, but when you stand up your bike and the guy still cuts in front of you, thats different imho.. Ruben had nowhere to go, even after standing it up and slowing down

And I agree.. fine, suspension, etc for loss of temper.. this aint no hockey game, son! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts