Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else feel as if the Moto Gp feel was a bit of a let down this year? The crowds were smaller, the vendors werent as good, and Cannery Row was boring as hell. Last year it seemed that the umbrella girls graced us with their presence everyday and Cannery Row was hoppin. Dont get me wrong I love going to watch the races and to be at the track for the over all experience, but this year something was missing. Did the party scene move from Cannery Row to somewhere else? What say you?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I enjoyed it just as much as every other year. I have been going for the past eight years (WSBK) and enjoy it every year. This year they were better prepared with how they coordinated the foot and vehicle traffic. That's probably why the crowds seemed smaller.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
it would have been better if you were in it disco.... crowds would def have swelled!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well it was my first time so I had fun. I heard last year the Blue Fin was hoppin but they shut that down. We just went to Sly's both nights.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Did anyone else feel as if the Moto Gp feel was a bit of a let down this year? The crowds were smaller, the vendors werent as good, and Cannery Row was boring as hell. Last year it seemed that the umbrella girls graced us with their presence everyday and Cannery Row was hoppin. Dont get me wrong I love going to watch the races and to be at the track for the over all experience, but this year something was missing. Did the party scene move from Cannery Row to somewhere else? What say you?
We had a great time. Crowd numbers were only down by about 2,000 people for the weekend. Personally, I didn't notice. Everything flowed a bit better at the track. The Moto GP race sucked, so that probably didn't help. What certainly sucked was the reduced action on track. They could have at least added another Superbike race on Saturday. Cannery Row seemed pretty packed Friday and Saturday nights.

Overall, some things were great, some were not. Plus it doesn't have that "new" feeling anymore like it did in 2005.

·
Registered
623 Posts
the crowds where down by a bit, but the flow was great, I pretty much got in / out of the track without hassle...

as usual campsite 132 was a ton of fun and now we're all planning on attending Indy as a group....

two GP's in the USA next year, suddenly I feel Spanish! :icon_lol:

·
Registered
841 Posts
the vibe was not as great as several of my past Seca events. vendors were cheapskates, hardly sold anything worth buying (10 bucks for "road racer x" mag?) and their wasn't much given to the fans except those ubiquitous Hayden panels. (at least honda kicked down some stuff...)

the bikes were the highlight though. i loved seeing the ducatis upclose (it pays to be in the riders club fer shure!)

as for the race, it's too hard to pass at Laguna Seca so once the line is ironed out it stays that way until the end. Noone even pressed Stoner. GSXrs taking 1,2,3 for the AMA race was ridiculous.

So my judgement is that it was so-so for a couple o' hunded bucks. The ride there and back was most fun tho!

·
Registered
126 Posts
My do miss the good ole WSB days. Vendor's row was huge and you'd find deals you just could not pass up. Apparently GP prices are so high for the vendors that the few who do make it out cannot cut their prices too much. You can go on-line and find better deals. I hope they do bring WSB back for 08 somewhere...

K

·
0 Posts
eeh, it was alright for my first time. i did too much walking and i think i hurt myself in the process... just didn't know it until today. going to see a doc about that later. next year, if i go, i'm getting a motorcycle paddock pass. the hike to and from The Hill was murder. that and Turn 4 grand stands. maybe i'll get an actual camp site too.

·
Registered
583 Posts
^^^ whats up wisconsin, this year was cool. met a few knew ppl and i think i was drunk more this year than any other year. but as silver said, i think they did a decent job with crowd control which may have made it seem to be less ppl.

·
Registered
57 Posts
How is a smaller crowd a letdown?? Would you rather it be miserably packed and overflowing with people. It seemed pretty crowded to me, having to wait in an ocean of people for ten minutes to cross the bridge over the track.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts