Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it's come down to this, a season full of drama, crashes, and pure excitement. The 20 year old rookie Marc Marquez leads the points and only needs a 4th place or better to take the 2013 Title. Jorge Lorenzo has given his ALL and has battled this year through injuries and had a perfect race in Motegi, he will need to win the race and hope Marc makes a mistake for him to repeat as world champion. This is going to be a great final race, not as close as Moto3 lol but it should be good nonetheless

It’s the reigning champion against the 20-year-old upstart. It’s Yamaha Factory Racing versus Repsol Honda Team. It’s Jorge Lorenzo and Marc Marquez. And of course it’s 99 versus 93. There are more than six numbers between them, though…
To start with, Marquez has clearly mastered the challenge of a Saturday, having managed no less than eight pole positions including four on the spin between Silverstone and Sepang. Podiums haven’t been sparse, either, with 15 for the 20-year-old in comparison with 13 for the 26-year-old. However, it is Lorenzo who has more wins to his name (seven to six) and has led many more laps (208 to 82!).
When it comes to falls and crashes, there is a real element of irony involved. Lorenzo may have badly injured his collarbone twice and missed the race in Germany as a consequence, but he has crashed only three times this year in comparison with Marquez’s 15 mishaps. However, the Cervera man has made the most of his races and only crashed at Mugello; injuries have been sustained, but nothing on Lorenzo’s level.
Marquez also leads the way when it comes to points…penalty points, that is. His racing licence is marked with three of them: just one away from a costly back-of-the-grid penalty. With this in mind, the Honda rider may elect to adopt an element of caution in order to avoid any discrepancy across the duration of the race weekend.
And so: it has been seven years since the title last went right down to the wire. Back then, Rossi headed to the Ricardo Tormo circuit with an eight-point cushion back to Hayden, but an unexpected fall from number 46 left him an unlucky 13th by the time the chequered flag flew. The title was Hayden’s as the Kentucky Kid finished third.
This time around, a single fourth place is all Marquez requires, regardless of whether Lorenzo wins the race or not. Although sometimes that is easier said than done. One race remains out of 18 and the title battle is still wide open. Place your bets…

AND THEN THERE WERE 2

WHO CAN FORGET THIS MOMENT

AFTER WINNING THERE FIRST TITLES IN THERE RESPECTIVE CATEGORIES. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT...

News
Stefan Bradl is confident of returning to full health for the season-closing Grand Prix of Valencia, having ridden to fifth place in Japan on Sunday despite suffering pain.

Jorge Lorenzo’s impressive win in the Japanese Grand Prix marked a significant milestone for Yamaha as the Japanese marque celebrated its 200th race victory in the premier class of the World Championship.

Casey Stoner has come to the end of a three-day test at Japan’s Sportsland Sugo circuit, run between Monday and Wednesday. The two-time MotoGP™ World Champion worked on the 2013 and 2014 RC213V Honda prototype machines

Valencia Circuit
The Circuito de la Comunitat Valenciana was completed in 1999 and held rounds of the MotoGP and Spanish Motorcycle Championships in the same year. The Cheste track has several layouts, running anti-clockwise with varying lengths. MotoGP events are held on a 4km track comprising of five right handed corners, eight left handers and a 650m straight. Although the track is regarded as quite small, the pit complex contains 48 garages whilst the stadium style grandstands can seat up to 150,000 spectators. The circuit layout which allows all parts of the circuit to be seen from any stand helps to create a unique atmosphere enjoyed by Spanish and international riders alike and as the last race of the season there is always a party feeling to the Grand Prix, which was voted best GP of 2005 by IRTA.

Track Record DP 1'30.844 (2012)

Current Points
1 Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 318
2 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha SPA 305
3 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 264
4 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 214
5 Cal CRUTCHLOW Yamaha GBR 179
6 Alvaro BAUTISTA Honda SPA 147
7 Stefan BRADL Honda GER 135
8 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 127
9 Nicky HAYDEN Ducati USA 111
10 Bradley SMITH Yamaha GBR 99
11 Aleix ESPARGARO ART SPA 88
12 Andrea IANNONE Ducati ITA 55
13 Michele PIRRO Ducati ITA 50
14 Colin EDWARDS FTR Kawasaki USA 36
15 Randy DE PUNIET ART FRA 33
16 Hector BARBERA FTR SPA 31
17 Danilo PETRUCCI Ioda-Suter ITA 24
18 Yonny HERNANDEZ Ducati COL 20
19 Hiroshi AOYAMA FTR JPN 13
20 Claudio CORTI FTR Kawasaki ITA 11
21 Ben SPIES Ducati USA 9
22 Alex DE ANGELIS Ducati RSM 5
23 Karel ABRAHAM ART CZE 5
24 Michael LAVERTY PBM GBR 3
25 Bryan STARING FTR Honda AUS 2
26 Javier DEL AMOR FTR SPA 1

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All Times Eastern Standard Time

Friday Nov 8

FP1 03:55-04:40
FP2 08:05-:08:50

Saturday
FP3 03:55-04:40
FP4 07:30-08:00
Q1 08:10-08:25
Q2 08:35-08:50

Sunday
WUP 03:40-04:00
Race 08:00

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
some pics from this season, end of the day these guys are both superior riders, and prob both very competitive, but i'm sure they have a mutual respect for each other. JL has what it takes to be a world champion, ive never seen a more consistent rider before, and man can he get the hole shot or what, every race it seems he's leading into the first corner and not all from pole. What can I say about Marquez, he has exceeded EVERYONES expectation this year, I remember the first race comments, we all thought he'd maybe win a race or 2 and maybe get on the podium etc etc. The only person that prob isn't surprised by his success is prob himself, guy has a crazy determination to be the BEST he can be no matter what it takes. Which leads us to the last race of the year!!

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Should be a good race, with plenty to win and plenty to loose...

Will be interesting to see the sportsmanship displayed by the two of them at the end of the race! God only knows you won't see much from Pedrosa...

Bring on Valencia!

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope you guys have enjoyed these race threads, i try to get the most up to date info i can, and of course post result when they're avil, thx again Moe, Nico and whomever else for adding info / results when i'm not avail to do so. I will try my best to start up again next year, cheers MotoGP Fans:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I hope you guys have enjoyed these race threads, i try to get the most up to date info i can, and of course post result when they're avil, thx again Moe, Nico and whomever else for adding info / results when i'm not avail to do so. I will try my best to start up again next year, cheers MotoGP Fans:thumbup:
You've been doing a great job Dave, looking forward to next year.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'll be headed to Valencia next week to see the race live. I have pit passes which should lend me some pretty good photo opportunities -- I'll post what I can here.

Championship down to two Spaniards in Spain..... this is going to be a show for sure.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also to note: This year, Valencia hosts the first final-race MotoGP™ title-decider since 2006. Back then, it was Hayden versus Rossi. This time, it’s Marquez versus Lorenzo and one gets the impression that we are yet to witness the last surprise…

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Comunitat Valenciana
Valencia MotoGP Circuit The traditional finale of the MotoGP season, the Ricardo Tormo circuit at Valencia in Spain also hosts the World Superbike championship, usually the opening European round of the season.

Gran Premio Generali de la Comunitat Valenciana
Round 18 – 10/11/2013
Other than its 876m main straight, it’s a tight and twisty track – nine lefts and five rights – and is set in a natural bowl with grandstands that offer views of virtually the entire 4.005km length. The circuit is just 23km from the centre of one of Europe’s most dynamic cities and even less distant (18km) from the international airport.

rnd18-valencia-2013

Circuit Information
First race 1999
GPs held 14
Laps 30
Race distance 120.150km / 74.670 miles
Track length 4.005km / 2.489 miles
Track width 12m
Longest straight 0.876km / 0.544 miles
Corners 14 (5 right, 9 left)
Pole position Right
Circuit Records
Pole position 1m 30.844s (158.711km/h) Dani Pedrosa (Honda, 2012)
Race lap 1m 32.582s (155.732km/h) Casey Stoner (Ducati, 2008)
Race time 46m 43.533s (154.283km/h) Dani Pedrosa (Honda, 2007)
2012 Winner Dani Pedrosa (Honda)

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Testing - Sugo - 30/10/2013
HRC test rider and two time World Champion Casey Stoner has completed a gruelling three day test at Sportsland Sugo, Miyagi Prefecture. On this occasion the testing was held in good conditions with rain arriving only after lunch on day three, when the test programme was completed.

The 3.737 km facility played host to the HRC test team as Casey worked on the 2013 and 2014 RC213V prototype machine. He tested various items including a new frame and new engine. However, he did not have time to complete more test time on the Production Racer, instead these duties were left to Takumi Takahsahi.
CASEY STONER
CASEY STONER“It’s been quite a good three days and we got a lot of track time considering it gets dark and cold here quite quickly! We had a busy test schedule based on the current 2013 bike and an updated version of the 2014 bike. Both have some very positive aspects and we’re just trying to get a better understanding of them. It was a little tricky to get a true feeling here in Sugo as we had no comparison - with it being the first time we’ve ridden here. All in all it was a good test and the first time we’ve not been interrupted by rain!”

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
We all know without the Gird Girls the Races ain't that :flamethrower:HOT so here is a look back :love3:with Valencia 2012

Reactions: CBR Time

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 209 Posts