Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I am on a rant right now. My friend Aaron is an engineer, and computer wizard. So... we order tickets to Laguna online, and he asks if I have any comments to put in the comment box. We are amped up about the weekend and joking around so I laugh and say no. Aaron types out loud, and writes/says: "Josh-has-a-12-inch-penis-,-and-will-show-it-for-two-pit-passes."
I laughed and thought it was a funny joke. Well.. Mary Johnson-Derr didn't think so. She's the head of Administration at Laguna.... She wrote back that she didn't think that was funny, and she is not processing the tickets. GREAT AARON!
Well... he ends up with a charge on his Visa, and comfirmed that the tickets were sent, but it's almost that time, and we have no tickets. He called today, and they say that they were sent at the end of May, and will not send any more, - that the tickets will not be on will call either. Son of a Bitch! I can't tell you how pissed I am- and although there are many that will say, "that's what you get", I just can't believe that a little humor can go unnoticed today, and that everything has to be politically correct.
I used to do loans, and I am definitely not on the same page with women in upper management. When I worked for the bank, I had the most problems with women that had the slightest bit of authority. They took it to new heights, and did not address the important things, just nit-picked at the tiny stuff. I can't call her myself, because I will probably make it impossible to get tickets in any fashion. Not a male chauvinist, but I just find it hard to believe that someone would make such a deal out of a little humor. You can't say anything anymore without offending some certain group.
Anyway, that is my rant, and the next time I do a trackday at that overpriced place, I will be sure to contact her, and give her a little piece of my mind.

Mary Johnson-Derr... WHO THE HELL WOULD HAVE MARYDERR? LOL

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hmmm sponds like a familiar story...... Heres mine......

Late last year a myself and a friend decided that we were gonna take a 5 week holiday and head over to the USA. One of the things we were really keen to do was to go to the AMA final at Sam Boyd Stadium in Vegas.

So my friend (who's a huge MX fan) jumps the gun and orders tickets from the first place he can find on line. When we recieved the tickets, we realised that we had been HUGELY overcharged. We had each been charged $250 (US) for a ticket.

Anyway, I'm over at his place on a Friday night and have had a few drinks when I find this out, and keep trying to tell him that he should contact the ticket place and tell them that we had been overcharged. He just kept saying "Oh I can't remember how much they were supposed to be".

Anyway, I jump online and find out that we could have bought the tickets for $75 (from memory) and basically tell him that he's an asshat for not looking around before buying them in the first place.

So, fuelled by the rage of just being ripped off by $175US for my ticket, and partially fuelled by bourbon, I wrote an e-mail to the people who he had purchased the tickets from giving them a piece of my mind and promptly sent it.

He called me the next monday and asked if I had hit send/recieve on his e-mail before I sent my little letter..... answer..... NO.

Turns out, that the company had sent an e-mail apologising for the overcharge and giving instructions for how to claim the cash back prior to me writing to them. Worst thing was that after they recieved the letter that I sent dissing them, they never returned any of our e-mails requesting our partial refund.

Lesson number one.... ALWAYS try to find out all the facts before you go start telling people what you think of them....... or it could cost you $250 for a ticket to the AMA.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
snapitoff2004 said:
Well... I am on a rant right now. My friend Aaron is an engineer, and computer wizard. So... we order tickets to Laguna online, and he asks if I have any comments to put in the comment box. We are amped up about the weekend and joking around so I laugh and say no. Aaron types out loud, and writes/says: "Josh-has-a-12-inch-penis-,-and-will-show-it-for-two-pit-passes."
I laughed and thought it was a funny joke. Well.. Mary Johnson-Derr didn't think so. She's the head of Administration at Laguna.... She wrote back that she didn't think that was funny, and she is not processing the tickets. GREAT AARON!
Well... he ends up with a charge on his Visa, and comfirmed that the tickets were sent, but it's almost that time, and we have no tickets. He called today, and they say that they were sent at the end of May, and will not send any more, - that the tickets will not be on will call either. Son of a Bitch! I can't tell you how pissed I am- and although there are many that will say, "that's what you get", I just can't believe that a little humor can go unnoticed today, and that everything has to be politically correct.
I used to do loans, and I am definitely not on the same page with women in upper management. When I worked for the bank, I had the most problems with women that had the slightest bit of authority. They took it to new heights, and did not address the important things, just nit-picked at the tiny stuff. I can't call her myself, because I will probably make it impossible to get tickets in any fashion. Not a male chauvinist, but I just find it hard to believe that someone would make such a deal out of a little humor. You can't say anything anymore without offending some certain group.
Anyway, that is my rant, and the next time I do a trackday at that overpriced place, I will be sure to contact her, and give her a little piece of my mind.

Mary Johnson-Derr... WHO THE HELL WOULD HAVE MARYDERR? LOL
Good luck bro.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Step one: open mouth.
Step two: insert foot.

lol just joking man. I hope oyou get those tickets, that would be a huge disappointment to miss this dude! You'll be stuck like me. Just watching on tv. BOOOOO!!!! Don't forget to give your buddy that well deserved slap upside the noggin either, it'll kick his brain back into "normal operation" mode.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
EvilRider said:
I agree with Scottv13, if they charged his card, they are obligated to send the dang tickets. You can sue their a$$es if they don't.
ya, what the hell. They're just stealing your money other wise. Let us know how it goes and if you go get some good pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts