Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Steve has 4300 on his bike, he bought it new in November of 2003. She was out of commission for two months after the crash.

One of my friends put 14,000 miles so far on his 2004 R6. No kidding, he really did, and he bought his bike new as well.

One of Steve's friends said he had 31,000 on his GSX-R 750, I think that bike's a 2002.

We ride a lot out here :)

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
15000 bought new fathers day last year and a few month back i sold my 94 F2 with 45000 miles ;-)

·
Registered
569 Posts
i got mine 5 months ago.. it's a '03 .. took me about 3 months to get to the 600 mile service because i'm a wimp.. san diego weather at that time had been lousy (so cal standard.. meaning if it's cloudy.. i don't ride.. lol) ..it took me the next 2 months to get it up to 4000 miles...

i think the Sir's question still stands.. what's the optimum mileage to sell a bike??? i'm interested myself 'cause i'm thinking of '06 now.. :D ..
one of my brother is trying to replace his current bike (an f3) and one of our friends has his for sale but he's got 23000 miles on a '01 f4i... my brother is getting someone else bike 'cause although this guy is a friend.. his bike have too much mileage..
btw.. my brother is also interested in getting a 600rr (the f4i deal has not been completed) but he can only afford one at the 5k range... he lives in nor cal.. i don't think he'd be willing to pay shipping if it's outside ca..

sorry about the long reply..

ride safe all

·
Registered
160 Posts
OK, I probably win the prize for lowest miles. :(

I bought mine March 2003, and turned 2600 miles this morning. I only live 1.2 miles from work, and even though I ride almost everyday, and some "fun" miles on Sunday (my only day off) I just can't seem to rack up the miles fast enough.

Trust me, this bike hasn't gone 2-3 days without being ridden, so I haven't "put in up" or anything.

·
Registered
501 Posts
6 weeks 2200 miles. the weather has be downright terrible here in SC. we get thunderstorms 6 days a week.

the plan was to hit the road for a good 250 miles today, but it's nasty out there :-( I hope tomorrow turns out a little better. :Fiddy:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
bought mine on April 1, 04 and just turned 2200 miles this weekend.

·
Registered
638 Posts
100 miles on my RR in one month. Had 22 K miles on my F4 (over 3 years). Sold it (after I crashed it), because I wanted the RR. The F4 was still riunning strong with no problems. Had to replace the sparkplugs twice and steering stem bearings once.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts