Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This tread is to discuss exhaust based on Moto2. If you haven't seen/heard them in person. These bikes run modified CBR600RR engines with shorty mufflers. They sound exotic and are ear piercing loud!

I noticed Arrow recently released their GP2 exhaust product line for bikes like the - GSXR, CBR1000RR, etc.

Arrow claim this exhaust is based on R&D from exhaust made for Moto2. The exhaust has a racey look and sound to go with it.
The moto2 engines supplied by Honda are very similar to our engines. I'm suprised they didn't release it for our bikes. Why?

The hotbodies MGP exhaust sounds good, but I'd like Arrow to do their version for us. I think these high reving 600cc engines sound amazing with a shorty exhaust muffler - sometimes the sound is louder than even motogp!

What is your opinion on the big players like leovince, akrapovic, arrow releasing exhaust based on their moto2 exhaust? Too loud for the street/track? Do you think it would sell well?

Dan.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I absolutely HATE loud exhausts, and I dislike the underseat exhaust. An underseat system gets in the way, making it hard to see an integrated taillight, and complicating license plate and turn signal mounting; it creates unwanted heat; it's much heavier than a shorty/side-exit exhaust would be. I'd like to find an exhaust that exits down near the swingarm...

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I absolutely HATE loud exhausts, and I dislike the underseat exhaust. An underseat system gets in the way, making it hard to see an integrated taillight, and complicating license plate and turn signal mounting; it creates unwanted heat; it's much heavier than a shorty/side-exit exhaust would be. I'd like to find an exhaust that exits down near the swingarm...
maybe you should sell your RR and go buy a Ninja 650 then

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Just to illustrate... Marquez's last year bike with it's beautifull Akra...

I guess that the best way to get this is cutting (shrotening) a similar exhaust...

·
Registered
793 Posts
I would not want anything remotely as loud as those Moto2 bikes for the street. I swear the sound from those suckers can pulverize concrete at 100 yards.

For the track? Maybe.

·
Registered
903 Posts
The question would be how exactly are the Moto2 engines tuned. I've heard they're less high tuned than WSS engines with more emphasis on reliability. I think the figure if you look around is 120-125hp. They also use a spec ECU but I don't know the type. HRC? Motec? Bosch? ???. Since the motor and ECU are fixed items all they get to play around with is intake (but stock airbox) and exhaust. I'm sure to take ultimate advantage of what this exhaust provides you would have to start looking at those items as well. How peaky are the Moto2 bikes? Would they suck as a street tune? Maybe so. Of course you might just want to bolt this on for the looks and weight savings.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Reminds me that in the beginning of 2012 you could have bought Marquez' whole Moto2 bike from the 2011 season for something like $60k. Sounds like a lot but talk about the ultimate collectors item. Imagine being smart enough to have bought Rossi's 1998 Nastro Azzuro RS250 machine in 1999.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts