Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Moto2 may have overtaken WSS as my favorite series to watch. Those guys were dicing hard for 20 laps. Plus, with 41 bikes, there is bound to be some good action somewhere on the track all the time. Finally, this should see some additional development around the 600rr enigine. I am hoping for a bolt on side exhaust.

Also,

I caught the EuroSport 2 coverage and the the Speed coverage. Speed is still lagging in terms of excitement. I wish they would just pipe in Moody and Ryder. Those two could get excited over morning coffee (and frequentely do...)

Anyone else get a chance to watch?

G

·
What exactly is Moto2? I thought it was just 250s.
The 250 GP class was replaced by Moto2, which is a 600cc 4 stroke series. Honda supplies the engines, wire harness, and ECU. Everything else is prototype.

+1 on Moody and Ryder. They have the only commentary that is worth listening to, and about them getting excited over morning coffee, it's some funny ****.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I think Moto2 may have overtaken WSS as my favorite series to watch. Those guys were dicing hard for 20 laps. Plus, with 41 bikes, there is bound to be some good action somewhere on the track all the time. Finally, this should see some additional development around the 600rr enigine. I am hoping for a bolt on side exhaust.

I'll echo that comment. Definitely some great on track action during that race, hoping for more!

And ya..side exhaust would be great.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
That's our motor!!!!! .....kinda, lol.

This class is siiiiiiick!!!! Going to make for some SUPERB racing this season!!!

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Other than the motors being down on power compared to the 250cc and not having a proper slipper clutch, it was fun to watch. Everyone is basically fighting to be the first Moto2 champion. This always makes for good racing. I don't like wishing ill on other riders, but DeAngelis being punted in T2 was sort of fitting in a bout of karma for punting off Hayden and being an overall idiot in his GP days.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Haha, if he watched the race I'm sure Nicky must have laughed a little bit when he saw DeAngelis go flying...I mean, ouch, but still...

G

·
Other than the motors being down on power compared to the 250cc and not having a proper slipper clutch, it was fun to watch. Everyone is basically fighting to be the first Moto2 champion. This always makes for good racing. I don't like wishing ill on other riders, but DeAngelis being punted in T2 was sort of fitting in a bout of karma for punting off Hayden and being an overall idiot in his GP days.
Not having a slipper clutch will make for some better racing, and besides, slipper clutches suck anyway.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Haha, if he watched the race I'm sure Nicky must have laughed a little bit when he saw DeAngelis go flying...I mean, ouch, but still...
I'm sure Edwards had a few choice words when he saw that happen as well.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much power was a 250 making? I figure these engines are putting out maybe 140.

G

·
How much power was a 250 making? I figure these engines are putting out maybe 140.
250's were somewhere between 90HP and 120HP depending on how much engine you could afford. But that's also 2-stroke power and being on a lighter bike.

The Moto2 bikes may be making close to 140HP, but that's not at the rear wheel. The rear wheel is probably seeing 125-130HP. 4 stroke engines just don't have the punch that 2 strokers do.

·
Registered
974 Posts
141whp for moto2 from at least 1 team, there 250 bike made 118whp

hmm moto2 like side exit you say

I could have had an actual 1 built but it would have made the bike to peaky

·
Registered
76 Posts
Definitely stoked about Moto2. Also very excited to see one of the lower classes at Laguna Seca. Hopefully next year after they phase out the 2-strokes.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Awesome series. Tight racing with loads of bikes. Can't ask for much more...although the series opener for the 800's was a good one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lovin the new 2 series racing, especially since Honda is the engine supplier. Im really interested to see what trickles down to us in a few years... nice ride Stormy..

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Moto2 was sick. So many bikes on track! Plus, the bikes aren't nearly sorted so the guys were all over the place. Surely to be an exciting first season.

Stormy, sick lookin bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts