Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paid for on Nov 8th
Received on Dec 23rd

I have tried emailing the seller and he stopped responding. I received the item but some parts are damaged. He has not made any attempt to contact me after I sent him pictures of the damage. there are broken tabs, over spray on both the paint and clear coat, there is no paint on the edges of some parts like it was painted being laid down, parts of the original mold were left on and I'm afraid if I remove it, the paint from the surrounding area will come off, there is no windscreen like promised, the tank has a dent in it, and finally the red is is more orange than red.

I am left in extreme disappointment with the product. He promised 3 weeks for arrival and it took almost 2 months.

Motofans, Im calling you out to make amends! This is NOT how you do business!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what to say other then im not surpised :(
Ive emailed him 3 times with pictures now and still no reply.

worst part is that its too late (over 45 days) to make a paypal claim against them. :cursin:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Don't be so sure, Paypal recently updated their policy to change the 45 days to 180 days. I'm not sure which countries this applies to, but I know that it is true for Australia and UK.

Contact them, it's worth a shot, or just check the policy updates.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally a response...

"Clear coat drip can be fixed with sand paper and wax. We can send replacement front fairing or you can manage to get the front fairing installed."

Really... sand down the clear coat and then wax it? that will make it turn and stay white.

They need to take some accountability because the whole set is flawed. I just posted the worst of the worst. Each piece has some paint problems with it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE:

As of now with no phone number to contact and receiving one email a day...

I was offered a set of levers and a a new front fairing, then it was a set of rearsets and front fairing, then it was HID,s and a front fairing, now its $60.

all I want and what I have repeatedly told him is a new set or a refund.
Its been 3 months, not 3 weeks as promised and my bike is still naked.

Ive grown tired and frustrated with all the games being played.

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
And people will search and find this thread in the future...then buy them anyway because they're cheap.

*shrugs*

Go figure.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
And people will search and find this thread in the future...then buy them anyway because they're cheap.

*shrugs*

Go figure.
Not true.

They will NOT search the forum, order them, get crap fairings and come here to bitch where we will point them to this thread. And the cycle repeats.....

To paraphrase someone in another thread where I mentioned that the cheap fairings look OK for a while but will not hold up in the long run to constant removal:

"But I heard someone has a set on his bike for almost a year now and he says they look fine still"

They will NEVER learn, and yet be surprised at the quality.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
Not true.

They will NOT search the forum, order them, get crap fairings and come here to bitch where we will point them to this thread. And the cycle repeats.....

To paraphrase someone in another thread where I mentioned that the cheap fairings look OK for a while but will not hold up in the long run to constant removal:

"But I heard someone has a set on his bike for almost a year now and he says they look fine still"

They will NEVER learn, and yet be surprised at the quality.

You can't blame them Mike, cheapness is hereditary. It all started when their parents cheaped out on birth control

1 - 13 of 13 Posts