Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

MotoGP 2018 Round 2 - Argentina. **SPOILER**

2K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  Honda-Power 
#1 ·
The Termas de RÃ*o Hondo Circuit is located 6km from the city which gives the venue its name, in the Province of Santiago del Estero. It was built in a 150 hectare area and officially inaugurated on May 11, 2008, during the visit of Argentina´s Touring Car Racing championship. In 2012, the reconditioning, enlargement and modernization of the circuit began, with the purpose of turning it into Latin AmericaÂ’s most modern, safe and vibrant circuit.

#2 ·
Current standings

Pos. Rider Bike Nation Points
1 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 25
2 Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 20
3 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 16
4 Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR 13
5 Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati ITA 11
6 Maverick VIÑALES Yamaha SPA 10
7 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 9
8 Johann ZARCO Yamaha FRA 8
9 Andrea IANNONE Suzuki ITA 7
10 Jack MILLER Ducati AUS 6
11 Tito RABAT Ducati SPA 5
12 Franco MORBIDELLI Honda ITA 4
13 Alvaro BAUTISTA Ducati SPA 3
14 Hafizh SYAHRIN Yamaha MAL 2
15 Karel ABRAHAM Ducati CZE 1
16 Thomas LUTHI Honda SWI
17 Takaaki NAKAGAMI Honda JPN
18 Bradley SMITH KTM GBR
19 Aleix ESPARGARO Aprilia SPA
20 Scott REDDING Aprilia GBR
21 Xavier SIMEON Ducati BEL
22 Pol ESPARGARO SPA
23 Alex RINS SPA
24 Jorge LORENZO SPA

#10 ·
I started to type in a summary, but here's one from a pro:

https://motomatters.com/results/2018/04/08/2018_argentina_motogp_race_winning_la.html

Basically, it was a sh!t show from the time the broadcast started until... well, there will probably be talk about today's race just like people still talk about Sepang 2015 (I'm hoping my first in-person MotoGP race will be EPIC now).

IMHO, I don't believe the contact was personal between MM93 and VR46. MM93 was going balls out and damn ANYONE who was in between him and the leaders. However, he definitely was out of control, lucky not to hurt anyone or himself, and simply dangerous. He should have been black-flagged, but in the end, he got no points, so justice was served.

The biggest bonehead move of the weekend was zero punishment for Canet in Moto3 (there were dozens of incidents for Race Direction to screw up, and they were basically 0-30). If Race Direction don't think intentionally causing a crash warrants a penalty, especially in a lower class where riders need to learn their craft, then there's no need to have a governing body. What did young riders learn from that? It's ok to go tilt on track bc your feelings got hurt?

#15 ·
IMHO, I don't believe the contact was personal between MM93 and VR46. MM93 was going balls out and damn ANYONE who was in between him and the leaders. However, he definitely was out of control, lucky not to hurt anyone or himself, and simply dangerous. He should have been black-flagged, but in the end, he got no points, so justice was served.

I'm a MM93 fan, but I concur - Marc was just hunting down the leaders for points. This is a man who from the very beginning of the race had to jump start his own bike, by himself, then do a ride through and basically restarted from the back of the pack.

Did anyone hear VR46 post race interview regarding the incident? He claimed to be scared on the track with Marc cause he's such a danger to himself and other riders. I personally think he's taking a different angle to smear Marc as an awesome rider.
Rossi: “First of all, he doesn't have the balls to come to my office alone but he come like always with his manager [Emilio Alzamora], with Honda, in front of all the cameras.
When Rossi was asked if he would accept the apology from Marc, he responded "“I hope that he is clever enough that he don't come.”

Is it me or is that a threat? hahahaha

Maybe Marc was being too aggressive and should rethink a few over-taking technique but him pushing the bike to it's limit is what makes MotoGP all the more interesting to ride.
VR46 shouldn't smear MM93 as dangerous rider - take the battle to the track.

Can't wait for Texas :popcorn:

#11 ·
Pos.RiderNat.TeamPoints
1CRUTCHLOW C.GBR LCR Honda 38
2 DOVIZIOSO A. ITA Ducati Team 35
3 ZARCO J. FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 32
4VINALES M. ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 21
5MARQUEZ M. ESP Repsol Honda Team 20
6MILLER J. AUS Alma Pramac Racing 19
7PETRUCCI D. ITA Alma Pramac Racing 17
8ROSSI V. ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 16
9RINS A. ESP Team Suzuki ECSTAR 16
10IANNONE A. ITA Team Suzuki ECSTAR 15
11RABAT T. ESP Reale Avintia Racing 14
12PEDROSA D. ESP Repsol Honda Team 9
13SYAHRIN H. MAS Monster Yamaha Tech 9
14MORBIDELLI F. ITA EG 0,0 Marc VDS 6
15ESPARGARO P. ESP Red Bull KTM Factory Racing 5
16REDDING S. GBR Aprilia Racing Team Gresini 4
17BAUTISTA A. ESP Angel Nieto Team 3
18NAKAGAMI T. JPN LCR Honda 3
19ABRAHAM K. CZE Angel Nieto Team 1
20LORENZO J. ESP Ducati Team 1

#12 ·
The biggest winner of the day is probably Dovi. Had MM93 run a clean race, he would undoubtedly have won, and taken over the championship lead. Instead, Dovi salvaged a horrible weekend and leaves Argentina 15 pts ahead of Marquez and 14 ahead of Viñales (sorry, but of the top 5, I don't consider Crutchlow or Zarco to be serious title contenders).

#14 ·
Agreed on all points. Lorenzo isn't working out on the Ducati. Petrucci is better on it - hell, even Rabat, who has been on a Honda pretty much all his life, has adapted better than Lorenzo. The problem for Ducati is that they're going to be in flux soon - Dovi is getting up there in age and won't be a contender much longer, so whoever they put in the 2nd seat needs to be a potential contender quickly, and I just don't see Petrucci being that guy.

#18 ·
The entire Yamaha camp is trying to take advantage of MM93's over-exuberance Sunday (some might call it stupidity) to try to get further sanctioning on MM93. It's just politics. They'll try to make it personal, and they'll try to paint Marquez as a dangerous rider (he was on Sunday for sure), but in reality, it's all posturing to try to minimize MM93's chances of winning another title and increase VR46's chances. I really don't see this going any further - MM93 can only be so dangerous to other riders when he's almost always in front of them....

On my opinion, the guy that needs to tone it down is Zarco. Seems he's involved in a questionable move every weekend.

#20 · (Edited)
I love watching Marquez race, and he is my favorite rider at the moment, but jeez, the **** was he thinking!?

Those moves were not just fearless, but dangerous and irresponsible. If he hadn't stalled his bike at the start he surely would have ran away with it tho. Good race to watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.